"Music is the best"

You ok mate?

Sisters with transistors - tells the amazing story of female pioneers in electronic music:

English language with german subtitles, sorry. But I think, a french version is also available because “Arte” is german/french cooporation.

By the way… How many female members do we have here?

1 Like

Not nearly enough.

region locked for france/germany… it wont let me watch

I think you can pay to watch it. I remember it being released and thought one of the streaming services showed it.

as per tonights zynth club

1 Like

I’ve just missed them

In ZynthClub !?

Brian Auger & Juloe Driscoll,…!!!

Speaking of which…

1 Like

After 15 days no music were posted here I think now it is the time to be brave and post my first attempts in making music. Made only with Zynthian
Kit and 1010music Blackbox.
(Visuals made with Inkscape and Flowblade)

3 Likes

Nice! What engines / presets / config did you use? Was it played live, sequenced, both? Did you use the Zynthian’s sequencer? Was it recorded in a single take with all voices from Zynthian playing simultaneously or in multiple takes, recording one Zynth voice at a time?

The leads and pads were played with ZynAddSubFX , as short sequences with a Midi-keyboard and then sampled and Arranged with Blackbox. Sorry, but I can’t handle to work with Zynseq. With Blackbox is is much easier for me.
The Zynthian I only use as midi instrument and effect machine.
I forgot, there are also some samples of a real instrument: The Rav Vast Tank Drum

Nice, relaxing. Enjoyed the transition at 4 min mark. the sound effects are interesting.

Well done @Lumm !

These 1010music products looks pretty cool. Are you happy with the blackbox ?

I startet with trying to produce music about 2 years ago. First I was amazed by the great flexible opportunities of gear you can buy. I didn’t want to sit in front of a computer display so I decided to go DAWless and first bought the Roland MC 101. This item can do everything but soon I recognized, that there is awful menu diving for simple effects. I sold it because I hated the workflow.
Last year I changed to Zynthian Kit. Great, magic project with endless possibilities! I am an open source fan for about 30 years now and want to support this kind of free minded community work.
But: The Zynseq-part doesn’t also fit to my personal workflow behaviour.
The 1010music Blackbox is a perfect solution for me as a non professional music noob :slightly_smiling_face:. For example it is very easy to record an instrument from Zynthian and use it as instrument to play on Blackbox. Also you can record longer parts played with Zynthian and arrange and trigger them. It is possible to only record simple drums, a bass, a lead, a pad and create very different tunes.
I really love the easy intuitive accessible quick workflow on Blackbox combined with the endless magic on Zynthian instruments.
Also the 1010music company and the community around is very helpful and gives many updates to their products. The build quality is also very, very high.

I can hear a pack of @riban liveried crows, ravens and homing vultures trying to locate you on the zynthian map as we type…

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback René.

That’s what I’ve heard from some users too. But I really ask myself on how reliable and practical all these mini jack connections (for audio/midi in/out) are.

I live in Koblenz, Germany. One moment… what’s is there outside… Aaaaahhhhhhrgghhh :dizzy_face::dizzy_face::dizzy_face:

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t resort to such heinous measures but any feedback on workflows that might benefit our quirky sequencer are always gladly received in the appropriate Discourse topic.

1 Like