"Music is the best"

One could say that the direction is definitely here. Here, in this video with Nils Wülker, there is still a classic drummer, but instead of bass, the keyboardist uses a moog.

1 Like

My favorite trumpeter together with Paolo Fresu

A remarkable example of longevity…

The band Chicago, which has toured every year for 57 years! Has scheduled 57 concerts for 2014.

They also have recorded 38 albums.
(I’m guessing The Stones missed touring in some years)

I had no idea Chicago were still around until I ran across the documentary:
The Last Band on Stage (2022)
“Glad to be above the ground and still playing” as one member put it.

I had a tiny clip of a song looking back on their lives, which failed to upload.

That song is in the opening and @1:17:27: in the Full Documentary on TubiTV

2 Likes
1 Like

A keyboard solo I never managed at full speed.

I love this song.

We are not testing,
We are oram…

4 Likes

IT’s not so much what you play as how you play it …

4 Likes

Which one is @wyleu?

1 Like

Some say Tay Tay’s was album of the week. Others disagree.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what’s the idea of this. It doesn’t sound like it’s adding anything new but maybe I’m missing something.

This may provide some context! The Wiggles are not well known outside of Australia.

Yes, they are ‘local’ for me. It’s more about these songs being so well known to many Australians (bringing memories of childhood & feelings of nostalgia). They missed an opportunity to do something creative when covering the songs to make them into something new. It feels too close to original songs with some dance music tacked onto it. Would have been better if they went to town sampling and chopping up the vocals and using interesting effects.

The Wiggles themselves did a pretty fun cover/medley of a Tame Impala song:

“Alle Menschen werden Brüder,”

Today we celebrate le 200th anniversary of Beethoven’s 9th symphony and its 4th movement “Ode to Joy”

Do you remember the 25th december of 1989:

1 Like

A song for today straight from 1969. Some things never change but love is still just a kiss away.

3 Likes

When the “OLD Musician” show the young musician how to play… There is no story…

1 Like