"Music is the best"

https://youtube.com/user/MrWzzzW

Not a specific song but rather an excellent youtube Channel.

MrWzzzW has a playlist with a lot of some of my favorite bands: the Residents (his collection is so huge !), Tuxedomoon, Snakefinger, Captain Beefheart, Chrome, Primus …

1 Like

Some shortened snippets of the gifted blind musician Rachel Flowers
(Couldn’t upload the planned compilation edit)

Concert at EMEAPP Electronic Music Education and Preservation Project’s facility (tour video)
Playing Keith Emerson’s famous ELP Moog setup.

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto 3

Playing at Keith Emerson Tribute Concert

Sitting in with Zappa Plays Zappa concert in Las Vegas

4:13 long video cover of Frank Zappa’s “Zomby Wolf” produced in her bedroom with adaptive technology, she’s able to chat with mom while laying down keyboard tracks. (can’t say who edited the video)

A link to the 2 hour live stream style video of the production process is in the Accessibility for sight impaired users post that sometimes discusses technology.

Franks Original Rendition 5:11

There’s a documentary on Rachel Flowers "Hearing Is Believing " you can watch it on Amazon Prime or let Amazon earn ad revenue by watching for free on on IMDB TV (IMDB 7.9 rating)

3 Likes

althou’ I suspect some judicious video construction … :smiley:

from wikipedia

Jean-Phillipe Rykiel: Mini-Moog Synthesizers on “Passage sur la Cité de la Révélation” and “Blake’s New Jerusalem”

1 Like

I don’t know why anyone complains about Zynthian preset handling. At about 9’10" Tim just moves one synth out of the way and puts another in its place. Simple!

3 Likes

A recent Moog blog entry shows Lisa Bella Donna playing in a room full of Moogs, sitting on her zen pillow, performing Ascension.
(Fog machine residue may not be great for electrical contacts)

What a lovely accent :rofl: :innocent:
and a nice piece as well :smiley:

FZ’s cover is impressive !
Bravo :wink:

Sorry about the shameless self- promotion …

I owed you this one @wyleu

The Zynthian was used for Piano Layer overdubs on this session. The Kronos was in my truck, so I used the 1/8 stereo Line out… lol…into a Focusrite 18i20…into Logic,…to aiff…then into Pro Tools at the studio.

Linuxsampler played a custom multi layer sfz of the Kronos German Grand layered with DX Full Tines. Pm me if you are interested in the sfz edits.

I sampled it using Chicken Translator pro to Kontakt format, then converted it to sfz, then edited the sfz file.

The bells are a Kronos preset with flanger instead of chorus. The brass came from Sampletank. The pad was from a Prophet 6.

Enjoy! Sam

4 Likes

Run me a score from the Funky Four Plus One More!

1 Like

Wouah :astonished:!

A bit ironic I confess, but please do not see any offens here, it’s just because for me, Zynthian is the best all in one musical gear. Portable and so convinient for playing/jaming alone.

And even if this is not my favorite style of music, result is pretty good. Congratulations.

More poetry -

My Kronos in car I am too lazy carry it in
Logic 10.4 does not like 10.5 files
Kontakt 5 does not like 6 files
Scratching my head…
backup plan
Should I use a soundfont on my iPhone?
Use my Zynthian 1/8 output instead
Share the experience…

Thank you, Sam

soundtrack is cool too :smiley:

Strap yourselves in for an absolute trip

and a running fart gag

3 Likes

No audio but an image of the stage before the performers arrive. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis at the Fairfield Halls, Croydon, South London. A birthday treat for Mrs riban.

3 Likes

wait… that is like 5 miles from me… no beers?

Another place to view the “Hearing is Believing” Documentary on Rachel Flowers at xumo.tv (with commercials), more footage of the Dwezal Zappa concert at 1:24

Concert Movie: “Tripping with Nils Frahm (2020)” , a Brad Pitt-production?

Here’s a few minutes of low res, condenced snippets of his musical styling from the 1 1/2 hour video.

You can view the 1st 14 minutes on youtube:
Nils Frahm - Fundamental Values (Live from Tripping with Nils Frahm)

IMDB Listing

I wonder if finding the right hat improves your home performances…

Right so how does this work then?

7 Likes

Makes for a highly visual keyboard player

Hello @MrBroccoli,

Pitch bending occurs because the bridge is modified mechanically.
If you look at the schematic found here
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Top-view-of-the-Clavinet-Parts-A-tangent-B-string-C-center-pickup-D-bridge_fig1_235410033
you can bend the strings on this modified Clavinet.

Greetings and God bless, Marius