New Engine: Pure Data

Or should I just add the yml file to the folder?

Hello @dhoinjo this is something people have been discussing on this thread also Adding Pure Data synths ....(and Csound?)

I am currently tinkering with CTLINs and yml files and trying to load a PD patch into my Zynthian but so far have not managed to make it work. I would be delighted to write a “for dummies like myself” guide to this process when I finally get it sorted, because there’s a lot of PD content out there.

Check out Automatonism https://www.automatonism.com/ which provides higher level abstractions (modules) to facilitate your PD patching process. I’d be delighted if I could get Automatonism patches to port into the Zyn, and delighted to share that knowledge.

Please check out the good advice from people way smarter than me in that other PD thread. Maybe you’ll have a breakthrough.

I added automationism by putting it’s zip as a preset via webconf, and you can forward the interface to a computer to edit the patches

1 Like

Hi @guys!
Why don’t take a look to the existing working examples? There is a few of them, some using Automationism:

Regards,

1 Like

I thought the following post from the Daisy forum might be of interest to Zynthianers who use Pure Data, even though we don’t have the same issues that Daisy users have with Pure Data since we have the luxury of running on the Raspberry Pi with an Operating System and oodles of memory:

[Daisy Forums] [Integrations/Pure Data] Plugdata - new PD editor that can flash straight to Daisy

January 11

Yesterday we released plugdata v0.6.3 which has integration with heavy/hvcc → Release v0.6.3 · plugdata-team/plugdata · GitHub

Plugdata is a new interface and user experience for pure data, that can also run as a plugin.

It includes a Compiled mode that will warn you when you use incompatible objects. After which you can retrieve the compiler toolchain for your platform (about 1.5GB) and then either export just C++ code, flash a Daisy device or output plugins created with DPF.

We have included the typical target boards and also one for Simple (which simply has all the analog control pins mapped). You can also select a custom board.json for your specific hardware setup.
You can then either output the Daisy source code, create a binary or flash directly to your Daisy!

Just like pd2dsy it has some options for optimizing for RAM and ROM which may be required based on the size of your patch or if you use large memory buffers (for delays and such).

|autoxauto

Would love to hear what people think about this integration and what you come up with for Daisy.

1 Like