I’ve very good news for you. I’ve been working in 2 improvements that will make you enjoy:
Improved layer Audio-Routing: Now you can route the audio output to any available audio input. For instance, you can:
- create a synth layer
- create Jalv layer with some crazy audio processing LV2-plugin you like
- send the synth’s layer audio output to the audio processing Jalv plugin layer
- cascade as much as you want, by creating more jalv plugin layer
- or send the audio to a MOD-UI pedalboard (mod-monitor)
- also, you can send the output to several inputs, etc.
- And all this, using uniquely the Zynthian-UI
Pianoteq Fast Preset Loading: As you probably have noticed, every time you change the preset in Pianoteq engine, the engine is reloaded and you have to wait a lot … Never more! I’ve partially-solved the problem by using the Pianoteq MIDI Mappings. I say “partially” because not all available presets can be mapped in a single file, so i’ve splitted the map in several files, so the engine will only re-loads when you cross the map borders. Currently 4 mapping files were needed, so there are 4 borders. As the presets have been re-ordered and the “licensed” ones are grouped at the top of the list, probably you can change to any of your favorite presets without crossing any border and never get the engine reloaded. I tried to reverse-engineer the file format, but finally some help from Pianoteq guys was needed and i’ve to say that they are really friendly and answer all my questions very fast and accurately. Thanks a lot Julien!!
For getting the new features, just update your zynthian using your favorite method.