New Features: Improved Audio-Routing + Pianoteq Fast Preset Loading

About plugins debug:

• some TAL plugins are mapped into synth layer instead of effect: Dub-3, Filter, Filter-2, Vocoder-II .

• Plugin “The Function” can hang zynthian after some job.
    here is the debug:

ERROR:root:Can't exec engine command: \set_control 10, 0.913386 => Timeout exceeded. <pexpect.pty_spawn.spawn object at 0x6e04b850> command: /usr/local/bin/jalv args: ['/usr/local/bin/jalv', 'http://arcticanaudio.com/plugins/thefunction'] buffer (last 100 chars): b'\\set_control 10, 0.913386\r\n> ' before (last 100 chars): b'\\set_control 10, 0.913386\r\n> ' after: <class 'pexpect.exceptions.TIMEOUT'> match: None match_index: None exitstatus: None flag_eof: False pid: 1361 child_fd: 30 closed: False timeout: 30 delimiter: <class 'pexpect.exceptions.EOF'> logfile: None logfile_read: None logfile_send: None maxread: 2000 ignorecase: False searchwindowsize: None delaybeforesend: 0 delayafterclose: 0.1 delayafterterminate: 0.1 searcher: searcher_re: 0: re.compile(b'\n> ') DEBUG:root:proc output: \set_control 10, 0.913386

I’ve modified the code to only send the All-Notes-Off when changing to a “Synth” layer, so, when “click-rotating” layers or when using the layer list for selecting an active layer, notes wont be cutted if you are not selecting a different Synth layer.

Of course, it’s not perfect and i will try to improve all this in the next days/weeks …

Anyway, the best way of managing SooperLooper is by using MIDI-Learning :wink:

Kind Regards,

1 Like

oh yes of course, i forgot to mention i use it directly with cc pads on mpkMini :slight_smile: i don’t use zynthian interface layer.

will try soon

@jofemodo … i just found a segmentation fault during layer switching:

./zynthian.sh: line 124:  1209 Segmentation fault      ./zynthian_gui.py

attached snapshot for a faster reference:
008-JV LOOPER PIANO DR.zss (4.3 KB)

And seems Sooperlooper lost working midi mapping again.
or better, saved midi mapping is present but does not work. must repeat learning.
once remapped, cc works, but Debug says:

ERROR:root:Can't exec engine command: \set_control 3, 0.000000 =&gt; isalive() encountered condition where "terminated" is 0, but there was no child process. Did someone else call waitpid() on our process?

Strange error. It seems to be related with LinuxSampler and loading of big soundfonts from disk. If you restart the zynthian service from command line and try loading the snapshot again, it loads perfectly. If you reboot the zynthian, it fails again ;-(

Good bug!! :wink:

Thanks,

2 Likes

this is fuckin awesome!! Thank you!

2 Likes

strange, when I’m trying to use the single channel feature, all channels are always played, just like how it would be without this function! A bug?

Probably you didn’t update correctly. Seems like zyncoder library not updated …

I now tried to update again, I did it 4 times but it still does not work

Hi @Hampelschwein!

I would recommend to update from the command line and send the log.

Also, you could try to re-burn the SD with a fresh Gorgona Omega image and update twice from the command line, capturing and sending back the log if it doesn’t work.

Regards,

1 Like

I don’t know if you (@jofemodo) fixed it in your working branch.
But now the logic seems to be inverted.
If Single Channel is “Off”, I can use the Single Channel feature. But when it’s “On”, my Channel1-Only-Keyboard doesn’t switch sounds, when I press the Volume sector (I have a Touch-Only Zynthian).

Hi @mheidt!

What you see in the Admin menu is the actions you can do, so if you see “Single Channel OFF”, then Single Channel is ON :wink:

It’s confusing … it know it and want to improve it! (Ideas?)

Regards,

Perhaps “Turn off single channel” would be less confusing.

4 Likes

Do you like “Enable/Disable Single Channel Mode”? :wink:
It’s already changed …

2 Likes

Yes, I like that better.

Checkbox. And Enabled/Disabled . Like Single channel Enabled, WiFi enabled etc

Sorry, currently the Zynthian-UI has not “checkboxes” …
Also, the standard tkinter widget set doesn’t support checkboxes inside listboxes … perhaps in the future :wink:

Kind Regards,

Maybe my suggestion is not clear, what i mean exactly. Happy New Year … uhuh! :smiley:
Checkbox as just part of message string. Of course this depends of symbols, available in used fonts, but i mean something like this and this.

[*] Wifi
vs
[ ] Wifi

or

[*]TouchOSC Enabled vs
[ ]TouchOSC Enabled
etc

This doesn’t need exact checkbox implementation, just two strings as now e.g.
‘Start Wifi’ --> ‘[ ] Wifi Network’ (selecting this turns Wifi ON)
‘Stop Wifi’ --> ‘[*] Wifi Network’ (selecting this menuitem turns Wifi OFF)

In this way if one looks at Zynthian UI, then menu items are
[ * ] Single channel
[ . ] Wifi Network
[ * ] Qmidinet
[ * ] TouchOSC

You can see, which menuitems are active and which not… without reading and “decoding in mind” entire menuitem meaning.

1 Like

I like it, but it should be aligned. A [o] as unchecked state?

On some keyboards, circle means enabled and X disabled (an old Korg T3 inside global page) but maybe a simple an enabled “o” and disabled “-” or a less visible “.” Could be fine