New features: Mixer Panel + MIDI player BPM control

Hi @zynthianers!

I just merged the 2 last features i’ve been developing:

• Mixer Panel: A new Mixer “layer” that allows to adjust the ALSA mixer levels. You can configure the controls you have on it from the Webconf Audio config.

• MIDI Player BPM control: Although it looks like a little improvement, it’s the first step on a long way. Now zynthian have a time line with transport control!! :wink:

Just update and enjoy!! :wink:

13 Likes

well thats trashed a lot of machines… !

1 Like

I am running Buster RC and just updated.

It wont boot.

I am able to get to webconf via a lan cable.

Tried updating again but it doesn’t work.

Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_mixer: MIXER CTRL LIST: None
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: File “./zynthian_gui.py”, line 1390, in
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: zyngui.start()
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: File “./zynthian_gui.py”, line 288, in start
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: self.screens[‘layer’].add_layer_mixer()
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngui/zynthian_gui_layer.py”, line 252, in add_layer_mixer
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: layer=zynthian_layer(mixer_eng, None, self.zyngui)
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngine/zynthian_layer.py”, line 70, in init
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: self.refresh_controllers()
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngine/zynthian_layer.py”, line 265, in refresh_controllers
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: self.init_controllers()
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngine/zynthian_layer.py”, line 270, in init_controllers
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: self.controllers_dict=self.engine.get_controllers_dict(self)
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngine/zynthian_engine_mixer.py”, line 232, in get_controllers_dict
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: if len(self.ctrl_list)>0:
Dec 17 23:17:20 zynthian startx[2618]: TypeError: object of type ‘NoneType’ has no len()

Similar issue on my end. I updated from the Zynthian UI. After rebooting, it showed the Zynthian Error screen. I unplugged it and plugged it back in. The Pi came on, and the backlight of my screen came on, but the screen remained blank. I couldn’t connect to the webconf via WiFi. I tried plugging the Zynthian directly into the router, but I still couldn’t find it!

Crazy, Zynthian may replace my Elektron analog 4 in a close futur with all these updates !!!

1 Like

Sorry guys! A lost commit …
It’s solved now. Simply update.

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thanks.

Awesome :fist_right::fist_left:

Do we charge jofe one sound sample for this hideous crime … ??? Hummmm

1 Like

Look out, he’s drunk with power!

1 Like

OK guys!! I must pay for my error …

100% produced & recorded with zynthian. No external sequencers, mixing, postprocessing, etc
From the box to the browser :wink:

Jajajaja! OK … it’s a crap!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::blush:

7 Likes

BTW … the drums sequence has been contributed by @Micki and i used without permission. Anyway, i should be forbidden to play any instrument, or at less to record tracks and upload to Internet …

Sorry guys!

YAAAY! @jofemodo to the rescue!!! :laughing:

Thanks so much! Works like a charm now! (Cue the AMSynth Victory Riff.)

Cheers!

1 Like

I Thought I’d use the thing . . . .

Notice the not so subtle range of alteration, then an audio record at the same time… ! :smiley:

1 Like

Showing how this works with an Audio INjector card that has a capture capture level

Hi @wyleu !
Don’t forget to show the UI view… :wink:

Thanks

OK! Here the UI shots:

zynthian_ui_mixer_layer

zynthian_ui_mixer_control

FYI, i’m using a HifiBerry DAC+ADC PRO, and the 2 selectors at right allows to control the “input mode”: balanced/unbalanced for each channel. I know, the “input gain” control should be “per-channel” … :wink:

Enjoy!

1 Like

And if that doesn’t show? I am not using latest image, but updated everything

Try to delete the “last snapshot” … although it should work anyway.
If not, take a look to the logs …

1 Like