New Raspberry PI 4

3 Likes

OB-Xd with all the effects! Vember Surge confirmed! Multitrack recorder!

1 Like

Twin HDMI?

Theyā€™ve swapped Ethernet & USB !

Has anyone seen my hacksawā€¦?:face_with_monocle:

What a powerful little engineā€¦

1 Like

@wyleu
Why are you still here? Drive to Cambridge and buy the hole stock.

5 Likes

Heā€™s posting from his car dashboard zynthian you know. http://www.speacock.net/albums/2008-Maker-Faire/08_May_Maker_Faire_50_piano_car.jpg

4 Likes

Many have indeed asked. . .

Course some of us now have the new playable webconf . . .

I topped and tailed it, hence the missing 8 seconds . . . :smiley:

Record Functionality, ogg download and Status echo and if we did top and tailing we could dump the Audacity step and operate entirely remotely of a zynth being played by someone else like, Richard my ghastly son, you can play the piece far better than I can. . . .
:smiley: :smiley:

:slight_smile: your wife and kids?

I just ordered a 4GB version

1 Like

They have my true worth displayed on a two line display on a raspberry pi in the kitchen. . . .

Itā€™s somewhere between the piano and the playstation .

1 Like

I thought it said ā€œGot milk?ā€
Thatā€™s approximately my value.
But at least lactose freeā€¦

Donā€™t let them get the idea of a cowā€¦

The standard reply to any of the frequent discussions of my own demise is,

ā€˜At least weā€™ll get a cat . . .ā€™

And they almost donā€™t live here anymore :thinking:

Iā€™m sure I will buy one reasonably soon. Fair bit of rejigging to encompass it in various cases. How far back are we going to support, Do I get my audio headless zeroā€™s yet ? :tornado:

Wow! I had given up on a new RPi anytime soon due to them categorically stating it would not appear before next year. I have just been told by the boss that we need a vacuum cleaner before a new Pi. That might not stop me though! And I was actually tempted to drive to Cambridge (which is closer to me than @wyleu but I should really get on with my day job (and installing running water back in my home). I guess we start to look at what a Zynthian Pi 4 looks like as soon as we have one in our grubby little hands but it may take a while before it becomes the standard. (At least a few weeksā€¦). I am excited!

Oh! And maybe Pianoteq will play without x-runsā€¦ well there is always hope!

1 Like

Me too, at the exact time they opened sales :slight_smile:
It was supposed to be delivered today, but itā€™s a local holiday, so it will be delivered tomorrow.

(it will replace the main board in my ā€œVideoRecorderā€™oā€™Deathā€)

POE is looking interesting. . .

https://www.msdist.co.uk/ubiquiti/poe/50v-1200ma-gigabit-poe-injector#Product-Specifications

PoE was available even in RPi3, with the same hat youā€™ll need on the 4: https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/poe-hat/

And beware: the hat WILL require an 802.3af compliant power source, and the Ubiquiti PoE Injector is not one.

Yes, I knew it was on the 3. The fact that theyā€™ve not moved the connector means they see it as an important mechanical interface going forward ( More important than the actual Ethernet connector :-D.Certainly, from a little reading itā€™s all fairly non compatible at the moment. Hense the existance of pointless devices like this ā€¦

https://www.broadbandbuyer.com/products/16618-ubiquiti-ins-8023af-i/

But I like it for stage use. Getā€™s rid of cables and stage wall warts. Got to be a good thing.

Anyone think of any easy way of getting 60 or so volts in the middle of a field :smiley:

Presumably with the specific new power supply, (probably a recommendation for Pi 4 zynthian power supply) we can assume itā€™s upped it overall power consumption even if it does promise to shunt a fair bit of current down parasitic USBā€™s

and donā€™t forget the edge connector hell of the POE HAT ā€¦

A breezeā€¦

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s got to be worth a musical forfeit :face_with_monocle: ā€¦

Itā€™s like the world cup round hereā€¦

We are getting VERY strict.

ā€¦those stupid budget constraintsā€¦ :smiley:

But I know the problem wery well. Once, I had to build a ligthing system for my wife theater group, 'cause they had to do a show in the middle of nowhere. I used two UPS batteries, 12V LED lights everywhere, and a customized inverter to power the amplifier at the needed voltage without too many conversions and efficiency loss.

And Iā€™ve been able to make a system fully contained in a suitcase.
Well, probably if they had traveled by plane they would have been arrested immediately, seeing the appearance of the object, but ā€¦ :wink:

And BTW: I reused the ā€œboxā€ with a 3A 12->5V converter, and it kept a RPi powered for almost 3 days (I was tracking a random RF signal)

1 Like

Very impressiveā€¦!! I did a MIDI controlled lighting controller that ran off 28 Volts AC bent out of a 240 Volt unit to power early halogen bulbsā€¦ Saved lots of local transformers ā€¦ :slight_smile:

We donā€™t like mains power do weā€¦?

But, I didnā€™t get my sound sample ā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

I could send the Cameroonians round ā€¦

Listen better! I was playing a FANTASTIC and VERY ARTICULATED version of 4ā€™33" by John Cage.

2 Likes