File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zynconf/init.py”, line 5, in
from zynconf.zynthian_config import *
File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zynconf/zynthian_config.py”, line 29, in
import psutil
ImportError: No module named psutil

Sorry for spamming :pleading_face:

zynth-debug.txt (76.6 KB)
And also my debug info in attachment

Do you have an hdmi screen plugged in when you started up? I’m sure I see something similar if I don’t provide a screen

Yes hdmi screen is plugged and there is some logging of the processes before main gui appears. But too fast to read all the info. Only if I record it on video with 60fps and will try to slow it down… Or otherwise find the boot log somewhere.

24 posts were split to a new topic: Using Zynaptik module for encoders

Exactly my solution ! Worked just fine for me.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Looper as effect layer?

BTW I can update that the flirc all metal case does something really cool - they have a block that goes all the way to the CPU and the case comes with a heatsink sticker, so the whole case acts as a heatsink. Its outperforms even active cooling solutions. Since the zynthian case is also all-metal, I really suggest V4 to do something similar. It lets you put the CPU at 100% without throttling. cc @jofemodo take a note on this.

Here is someome confirming this (I also tested):

1 Like

So does Rpi 4 run Zynthian’s software without issues or should I order another 3b instead? I don’t care if it fits the kit enclosure etc.

It works perfectly. Better than ever …

1 Like

Great! Can’t have too many Zynthians.

3 Likes

Cool, just replaced the Pi3 for a 4 I had laying around, burned a new SD and it just works! Also great I am still mentioned in the config (prototype-kees) :rofl:

I had not used the Zynthian much cause I had many problems with xruns and so… After an hour of playing, no problem anymore. Tnx again for this great project.

Cheers,
Kees

3 Likes

the prototype doesn’t exist anymore? Can we remove the option?

Well, I just replaced the PI, so the wiring stays the same and I was glad to see this scheme still existed. Sometimes I think this setup is not completely stable… So if there is a better way to connect everything, I am open for suggestions. What is (Where can I find) the most stable schematic atm?

I am still using the _w32 which is a child of yours.
Nobody else is using that.
The most stable schematic is not using 23008 when you use encoders :slight_smile:

So I could convert to the all-in-one solution https://github.com/zynthian/zynthian-hw/blob/master/zynthian_allinone/zynthian_allinone.sch.svg ? Right now most of the encoders are directly connected to the PI as I can remember… and I already have a 23017… hmm, 23008 it is

I sometimes wonder if the touchscreen does interfere with the encoderconnections.

1 Like

BTW, why not sending some basic telemetry data back, so you guys can track the use of peripherals…? And, doesn’t Zynthian have a channel on discord?

We’ve got an irc! Well, I’m in the irc…

Network/Channel?

#zynthian on freenode

Search result

Swapped the 23008 for a 23017, so the protype-kees can be removed.