New SD image: Aruk RC-1

It’s a bug … but i’ve not managed to solve it yet :wink:

There is a little bug that is preventing to start the “WIFI Access Point”, It will be solved ASAP, but until then you can solve it like that:

systemctl unmask hostapd
systemctl enable hostapd
reboot

Regards,

1 Like

ok, so it must be done at every boot, right?

Nooo! Only once, my friend! :wink:

1 Like

I just installed Aruk RC-1 2019-04-14-zynthianos-stretch-lite-1.0.0 and MIDI input isn’t working. USB MIDI works fine. It was working before I overwrote the sdcard. Having now run the software update, USB MIDI has also stopped working. I note (and have observed before) that htpdate hangs. If I kill it then the update proceeds. I also note that system update did not seem to run. I have now run update_system.sh from ssh and it upgraded 3 packages. Reboot but still nothing.
[Edit] A few reboots later and it is now working!!! I can’t think that I did anything significant in the interim. All very odd.
[Edit] Nope - broken again. I selected Fluidsynth GM and it worked. I then did REMOVE ALL. Then added Fluidsynth GM again and this time it fails. But now I try it again and it is working. Odder and odder.

Images from 2019-04-13 & 14 are broken. I will inform about good images for avoiding you to waste your time with bad ones …

Thanks!

sorry, actually i have two errors:
on systemctl unmask hostpad:
Unit hostpad.service does not exist, proceeding anyway.
Consequentially, on systemctl enable hostpad:
Failed to enable unit: File hostpad.service: No such file or directory
so even after rebooting, nothing changes…:roll_eyes:

UPDATE… sorry, i am stupid… expecially in some hours …
as you can see, i wrote wrong command…:expressionless:

2 Likes

Have we lost the nice new icons … . . :smiley:

Do we have good images yet?

That would be down to how many tests it passes. . . .:innocent:

I’ll stick it on the AudioInjector machine and see how well behaved it is…

Yes. Although not RC-2 yet …

You can check the Jenkins build status:

https://jenkins.zynthian.org/job/ZynthianOS/

And download from here:

https://os.zynthian.org/

If this night build is OK, tomorrow we should have RC-2 :wink:

Regards,

2 Likes

So cool :wink:

Very nice demo !

1 Like

Not sure qjackctl is in the build . . …

Hi there,
I have updated my zynthian box, and it LOOKS like I have this image… but i’m unable to be sure as I can’t figure out any reference in the webui except :

• zyncoder: [master (b70d1e0)]
  • zynthian-ui: [master (97c7270)]
  • zynthian-sys: [master (e67cc0d)
  • zynthian-data: [master (6712b1c)]
  • zynthian-webconf: [master (b393cc0)

which is not a lot of help… to me, maybe you could add the “pretty code name” of release on the admin page ?

Anyway I really LOOOVE the new features, generators, and “add effects”, this is GREAAT.

I’ve had an issue while adding and removing effects on a layer
have a preset with two layers (chanels 5 and 6 on my preset, using generators)
take the second layer with one effect added
add a new effect (once added you’re on the controller screen)
go back (you’re on layer screen)
bold press select, go down to your newly added effect
bold press select, delete the effect
then you’re back to the effect screen from the other layer :confused:

I have made a recording with my generators https://soundcloud.com/jerash/genambi

2 Likes

Ho @jofemodo Fernando,

it seems that I have a problem with Aruk RC-1: When using my Pianoteq I am getting performance problems (xruns). The “old” (updated) gorgona image does not have these problems…
I am using a RPi3B+…

Regards, Holger

hey @jofemodo I have another one : change the midi channel from a layer, and change it to a channel already assigned to another layer.
Then your synth is not listed anymore in zynthian-ui although it is receiving midi on the newly assigned channel and making sound.

somehow since installing the new image (tried etching the sd card 3 times) I can’t boot anymore. The screen stays white. I can still login to webui. But when I try to login via terminal to get the log I get this message:
Connection closed by 192.168.1.12 port 22

The UI Log tells me this:

Summary

– Logs begin at Thu 2016-11-03 17:16:42 UTC. –
Apr 28 20:33:51 zynthian startx[5495]: (==) Using system config directory “/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d”
Apr 28 20:33:51 zynthian systemd[1]: Stopping Zynthian User Interface…
Apr 28 20:33:51 zynthian startx[5495]: xinit: connection to X server lost
Apr 28 20:33:51 zynthian startx[5495]: [1B blob data]
Apr 28 20:33:51 zynthian startx[5495]: waiting for X server to shut down (II) Server terminated successfully (0). Closing log file.
Apr 28 20:33:52 zynthian startx[5495]: xinit: unexpected signal 15
Apr 28 20:33:52 zynthian systemd[1]: zynthian.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Apr 28 20:33:52 zynthian systemd[1]: Stopped Zynthian User Interface.
Apr 28 20:33:52 zynthian systemd[1]: zynthian.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 28 20:33:52 zynthian systemd[1]: zynthian.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

Ohhh man!! I really like your noize. These generators, are LV2 plugins? Did you use some automation for parameter control?

Thanks!

I’m studing it. I have some problems too.

1 Like