I’m proud of announcing the first release candidate of the new SD image, Aruk, based in the ZynthianOS building system contributed by @guysoft:
I’ve tested and almost everything seems to work, but i’m pretty sure you will find the errors i haven’t found.
I thought about giving some guidance on the testing procedure, but finally i realized that perhaps is better to leave everyone to use the software according to his own use-case.
So this is the very short testing guide
- Download and burn the SD image
- Plug the SD-card and boot your zynthian. It should boot twice, so wait until the UI is shown for 20 seconds or more.
- From the webconf tool, regenerate the keys (system->security). It will reboot again.
- Update the software for getting the latest fixes. Reboot again.
- Test everything and take note of every error you find and the way to reproduce it. If we can’t reproduce the error is very very difficult to fix it!!
- Post your report in this thread
Some features you should test:
- Check that every engine in the list is working
- Layers: Create, delete, etc
- Layer Options: Adding, re-sorting & removing effects, clone, transpose, change MIDI-channel
- MIDI-learning: ZS3 subsnapshots (Program Change Learning)
- MIDI-learning: Controller Learning
- Snapshots: Load, save, etc. (MIDI-learning should be saved and restored too!!)
- Admin Menu Options: Single Channel Mode, Audio/MIDI Recording, etc.
- Webconf Tool: Pianoteq License Activation, Jalv Plugins, etc.
Thanks for helping to improve Zynthian!!