New SD image: Aruk RC-1

EDIT: We have a new Release Candidate, please, read this:

New Aruk Stretch SD-image "Release Candidate": RC2

Hi @zynthianers!

I’m proud of announcing the first release candidate of the new SD image, Aruk, based in the ZynthianOS building system contributed by @guysoft:

https://os.zynthian.org/2019-04-10-zynthianos-stretch-lite-1.0.0-RC1.zip

I’ve tested and almost everything seems to work, but i’m pretty sure you will find the errors i haven’t found.

I thought about giving some guidance on the testing procedure, but finally i realized that perhaps is better to leave everyone to use the software according to his own use-case.

So this is the very short testing guide :wink:

• Download and burn the SD image
  • Plug the SD-card and boot your zynthian. It should boot twice, so wait until the UI is shown for 20 seconds or more.
  • From the webconf tool, regenerate the keys (system->security). It will reboot again.
  • Update the software for getting the latest fixes. Reboot again.
  • Test everything and take note of every error you find and the way to reproduce it. If we can’t reproduce the error is very very difficult to fix it!!
  • Post your report in this thread

Some features you should test:

• Check that every engine in the list is working
  • Layers: Create, delete, etc
  • Layer Options: Adding, re-sorting & removing effects, clone, transpose, change MIDI-channel
  • MIDI-learning: ZS3 subsnapshots (Program Change Learning)
  • MIDI-learning: Controller Learning
  • Snapshots: Load, save, etc. (MIDI-learning should be saved and restored too!!)
  • Admin Menu Options: Single Channel Mode, Audio/MIDI Recording, etc.
  • Webconf Tool: Pianoteq License Activation, Jalv Plugins, etc.
  • etc.

Thanks for helping to improve Zynthian!!

7 Likes

Thank you …!

Where’s your musical piece…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (cos we can do them now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . . . )

So the rules have changed and now with every post a sound-track must be attached … OK!
It’s in the benefit of our beloved community … and project! :wink:

OK! Here it’s … “the muffled cocodrile”, a non-original piece from Jofemodo inspired in a nice theme from Mr. Herbie Hancock while viewing a documentary about happy reptiles fucking like stressed bunnies :sweat_smile:

Sorry :grimacing:

6 Likes

I don’t think this is going to be entirely beneficial . . .

Here’s a nice bit of fluidsynth seashore from the GM Series. . . .

3 Likes

No MIDI record indicator . . … But MIDI Recording works and in fact can work at the same time as the audio record, without xRuns.

Layer List doesn’t display correct preview name.

IF I load up the Church bell from fluidsynth as a new engine then use the immensely useful preview in the GM 1 list to select fuzz guitar I will hear and play fuzz guitar but if I navigate to the Layer List the display still shows Church Bell.

If I select that entry it will reload Church bell, which means you have lost sight of the interesting sound you had found…

I’ll give this image a try tonight if I get the chance :slight_smile:

I have a few bits and bobs to post from the Bristol trip too, hopefully I’ll actually get around to posting it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great Job job @jofemodo @guysoft!

Tested Pianoteq Stage license acitivation and Dexed. For @wyleu a quick&dirty recorded piece of Pianoteq CP80:

Regards, Holger

7 Likes

I’d suggest you put on that zip file rc1, so if we have rc2 people would know what they have.

1 Like

It’s done! :wink:

Thanks!

I can confirm, that it works on a Prototype4_WS32 Wiring with Audioinjector also.
Now I am convinced :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a problem to access via ssh:

$ ssh pi@zynthian.local
Connection closed by 192.168.0.125 port 22
$ ssh root@zynthian.local
Connection reset by 192.168.0.125 port 22

Is this a bug or a feature?

Regards, Holger

1 Like

???

Aehem… problem located direct in front of the screen… thanks!

Just tried this Aruk RC-1 and I think it rocks! :heart_eyes:

But… the ALSA auto-mute “noise gate click” problem is still here - I suppose inherited from the original Gorgona Omega img (see this post A weird noise is driving me mad [SOLVED] - #26 by sadkermit), it’s all in the asound.state “control.10” and “control.11” (it lives here → /var/lib/alsa/asound.state), this is from the current Aruk:

}
control.10 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Mono Switch’
value true
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.11 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Switch’
value.0 true
value.1 true
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 2
}

And this is from my Gorgona Omega after tweaking the Alsamixer

}
control.10 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Mono Switch’
value false
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.11 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Switch’
value.0 false
value.1 false
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 2
}

Many thanks for all your great work :heart: and sorry for being a bit naive… :upside_down_face:

Andrea

1 Like

hI, Just installed. by now no particular issues detected except for:

1. default configuration is for V2 kits (piscreen 3.5 etc) , should be specified… or someone (like me) could see white screen forever thinking it’s a fault :smiley:
  2. wifi is immediately configured, but IP assigned is not affected by DHCP .
    Mine shows 192.168.50.1 … practically unreachable. if i try to configure wifi from webconf, available SSID list is not present, and if saving changes, returns “500: Internal Server Error”

What do you expect how it works? Most of mine are white or black first.
That’s why the first step is configuring it in the webconf.

With ZynthianOS there is a new feature. The raspbian spawns its own wifi. Your PC can connect to it.
192.168.50.1 is the default address.
The 500 Internal error is a bug though.

I own a V1 kit. In previous image(Omega) i downloaded V2 for mistake, but i knew It, was my fault so i expected ti wait blind boot, with white screen and wrong wiring/screen type to be changed via webconf later.

Now there Is just One release…
For sure i expect to see Ui twice as described by @jofemodo:

I didn’t see No UI…Just White screen. But luckly After few minutes didn’t wait no more :grin:

sorry i’m a bit confused. Practicallly i should find a zynthian wifi network on my wifi list? or there is another way to connect unknown to me… i don’t see any zynthian SSID…