New SD image: Aruk RC-1

Hi @zynthianers!

I’m proud of announcing the first release candidate of the new SD image, Aruk, based in the ZynthianOS building system contributed by @guysoft:

https://os.zynthian.org/2019-04-10-zynthianos-stretch-lite-1.0.0-RC1.zip

I’ve tested and almost everything seems to work, but i’m pretty sure you will find the errors i haven’t found.

I thought about giving some guidance on the testing procedure, but finally i realized that perhaps is better to leave everyone to use the software according to his own use-case.

So this is the very short testing guide :wink:

• Download and burn the SD image
  • Plug the SD-card and boot your zynthian. It should boot twice, so wait until the UI is shown for 20 seconds or more.
  • From the webconf tool, regenerate the keys (system->security). It will reboot again.
  • Update the software for getting the latest fixes. Reboot again.
  • Test everything and take note of every error you find and the way to reproduce it. If we can’t reproduce the error is very very difficult to fix it!!
  • Post your report in this thread

Some features you should test:

• Check that every engine in the list is working
  • Layers: Create, delete, etc
  • Layer Options: Adding, re-sorting & removing effects, clone, transpose, change MIDI-channel
  • MIDI-learning: ZS3 subsnapshots (Program Change Learning)
  • MIDI-learning: Controller Learning
  • Snapshots: Load, save, etc. (MIDI-learning should be saved and restored too!!)
  • Admin Menu Options: Single Channel Mode, Audio/MIDI Recording, etc.
  • Webconf Tool: Pianoteq License Activation, Jalv Plugins, etc.
  • etc.

Thanks for helping to improve Zynthian!!

6 Likes

Thank you …!

Where’s your musical piece…? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (cos we can do them now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . . . )

0 Likes

So the rules have changed and now with every post a sound-track must be attached … OK!
It’s in the benefit of our beloved community … and project! :wink:

0 Likes

OK! Here it’s … “the muffled cocodrile”, a non-original piece from Jofemodo inspired in a nice theme from Mr. Herbie Hancock while viewing a documentary about happy reptiles fucking like stressed bunnies :sweat_smile:

Sorry :grimacing:

4 Likes

I don’t think this is going to be entirely beneficial . . .

Here’s a nice bit of fluidsynth seashore from the GM Series. . . .

2 Likes

No MIDI record indicator . . … But MIDI Recording works and in fact can work at the same time as the audio record, without xRuns.

Layer List doesn’t display correct preview name.

IF I load up the Church bell from fluidsynth as a new engine then use the immensely useful preview in the GM 1 list to select fuzz guitar I will hear and play fuzz guitar but if I navigate to the Layer List the display still shows Church Bell.

If I select that entry it will reload Church bell, which means you have lost sight of the interesting sound you had found…

0 Likes

I’ll give this image a try tonight if I get the chance :slight_smile:

I have a few bits and bobs to post from the Bristol trip too, hopefully I’ll actually get around to posting it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great Job job @jofemodo @guysoft!

Tested Pianoteq Stage license acitivation and Dexed. For @wyleu a quick&dirty recorded piece of Pianoteq CP80:

Regards, Holger

4 Likes

I’d suggest you put on that zip file rc1, so if we have rc2 people would know what they have.

1 Like

It’s done! :wink:

Thanks!

0 Likes

I can confirm, that it works on a Prototype4_WS32 Wiring with Audioinjector also.
Now I am convinced :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a problem to access via ssh:

$ ssh pi@zynthian.local
Connection closed by 192.168.0.125 port 22
$ ssh root@zynthian.local
Connection reset by 192.168.0.125 port 22

Is this a bug or a feature?

Regards, Holger

1 Like

???

0 Likes

Aehem… problem located direct in front of the screen… thanks!

0 Likes

Just tried this Aruk RC-1 and I think it rocks! :heart_eyes:

But… the ALSA auto-mute “noise gate click” problem is still here - I suppose inherited from the original Gorgona Omega img (see this post A weird noise is driving me mad [SOLVED]), it’s all in the asound.state “control.10” and “control.11” (it lives here --> /var/lib/alsa/asound.state), this is from the current Aruk:

}
control.10 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Mono Switch’
value true
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.11 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Switch’
value.0 true
value.1 true
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 2
}

And this is from my Gorgona Omega after tweaking the Alsamixer

}
control.10 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Mono Switch’
value false
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 1
}
}
control.11 {
iface MIXER
name ‘Auto Mute Switch’
value.0 false
value.1 false
comment {
access ‘read write’
type BOOLEAN
count 2
}

Many thanks for all your great work :heart: and sorry for being a bit naive… :upside_down_face:

Andrea

1 Like

hI, Just installed. by now no particular issues detected except for:

1. default configuration is for V2 kits (piscreen 3.5 etc) , should be specified… or someone (like me) could see white screen forever thinking it’s a fault :smiley:
  2. wifi is immediately configured, but IP assigned is not affected by DHCP .
    Mine shows 192.168.50.1 … practically unreachable. if i try to configure wifi from webconf, available SSID list is not present, and if saving changes, returns “500: Internal Server Error”
0 Likes

What do you expect how it works? Most of mine are white or black first.
That’s why the first step is configuring it in the webconf.

0 Likes

With ZynthianOS there is a new feature. The raspbian spawns its own wifi. Your PC can connect to it.
192.168.50.1 is the default address.
The 500 Internal error is a bug though.

0 Likes

I own a V1 kit. In previous image(Omega) i downloaded V2 for mistake, but i knew It, was my fault so i expected ti wait blind boot, with white screen and wrong wiring/screen type to be changed via webconf later.

Now there Is just One release…
For sure i expect to see Ui twice as described by @jofemodo:

I didn’t see No UI…Just White screen. But luckly After few minutes didn’t wait no more :grin:

0 Likes

sorry i’m a bit confused. Practicallly i should find a zynthian wifi network on my wifi list? or there is another way to connect unknown to me… i don’t see any zynthian SSID…

0 Likes