Mpc to midi out to zynthium

Sounds working
Raspberry 3
Hifiberry dac+
Hdmi monitor
Mouse input
Midi from mpc to zynthium

It’s working
I think my waveshare clone is using some pins that the hifiberry uses so I. My just sell the lcd and get a small Hdmi monitor and use mouse to manoeuvre around the gui

Well guys I got there in the end.

Next questoin

Will zynthian work on a orange pi

Thanks guys

waveshare32 and hifiberry dac+ are compatible. just saying.

My waveshare is a clone from joy-it

I’m not super bothered about trying to get it working on the lcd… I will make a 7 inch Hdmi and work my case around that

I’m very impressed with the work gone into the software and the synths

Next to try It on the orange pi coming this week

Good luck with the Orange Pi … you will have to re-build the SD image from scratch and adapt a lot of things.
The setup script from the zynthian-sys repository should be a good starting point:

Of course, i’m SUPER-INTERESTED in seen Zynthian working on Orange Pi!!!

Regards!

I’m bad at compiling… Would it just not run on a orange?

I never tried, but i don’t think you can run a Gorgona SD image on Orange Pi. You should use a specific Raspbian for Orange Pi, like this:

http://www.orangepi.org/downloadresources/orangepipc/oragepipc_e930546e866b23585721e5d2a6.html

And build the Zynthian on top of it using the setup script. You can try to follow these instructions:

but probably you have to be creative in the process :wink:

Good Luck!

1 Like

how did you solve it?

Patience… Which I might say I lost all off… Soldered the header on the hifi berry and just connected the lcd
I was using a USB sound card and i thunk this was the problem

Congratulations! You can reduce the font size to 10 or 12 from the webconf tool :wink:
Regards!

guys I’m almost speechless… just transferred about 5 gig of soundfonts to the zynthiam via scptransfer program, took latterly about 10 miniutes, very fast

now ive got a fully fledged instrument that will become a big part of my studio

I just need to make it look pretty now, I think I will try and intergrate it into a midi keyboard so its alike a all in one, of course with midi in and midi out etc

but for the moment , I’m going to make a small box for it

guys keep up the good work, soon I will try test the orange, when it gets to me

thanks guys

1 Like

well the orange came this morning, ill try install zynthium today :slight_smile:

4 hours in and it seemed to of failed. I think the 8g card I had wasn’t big enough… It was going good… I’ll try a bigger card at the weekend… Little Xmas party tomorrow

Tried this morning with a 32gb card

Getting some errors… It seems to go through quite a lot of compiling though

Error writing to output file… No space left of device

You should expand your partition before starting the script, my friend …
Take a look to the build instructions in this topic:

Regards,

how can I expand the partition? ive read the script thing but it doesn’t say anywhere what I should do to expand the size

My friend, have you looked at the setup script file “setup_zynthian.sh”? There is a fragment with this code:

if [ "$1" = "wiggle" ] || [ ! -f ~/.wiggled ]; then
	echo `date` >  ~/.wiggled
	./rpi-wiggle.sh
else
	./setup_system_rbpi_minibian_jessie.sh
fi

As you can see, it check if the partition has been expanded (wiggled) and if not, it call the script:

/zynthian-sys/scripts/rpi-wiggle.sh

Regards,

i think ill use the orange for something else, some small games machine

to complicated for me to program

atleast ive got the rpi working good

thanks guys