Good news, @zynthianers!! The new stable-2109 has been released.!!
Here is the SD image:
Burning a new SD card is the recommended way of upgrading, but you can try to update on-line, specially if you have a good connection and already on testing or staging-2109 .
In the other hand, if you use the last stable for your music work, consider burning a new sd-card and copying your user data. You could try the backup/restore feature from webconf, but remember to exclude your soundfonts if they are heavy.
For updating :
If you are not in stable:
- Access webconf => software => repositories
- Check advanced
- Select “stable” on all repositories
- Update Software
Good luck … and good connection!!!
- New SFZ engine, sfizz. Is it a good replacement for inuxsampler? This is the question
- Bye Bye internal FXs on fluidsynth. Welcome smoother fluidsynth! Specially when using many channels.
- Controller groups. It allows having the engine’s controllers grouped in a meaning and useful way. No more navigate the controller screens looking for the parameter you want. Currently only a few engines have the grouping info, but we will be adding the rest in a few weeks or months.
- BTW, we changed the instrument control screen workflow. Like that:
- short-select => Enter controller screen selection mode
- bold-select => Layer options
- long-back => Sequencer
- Long-learn => Audio Levels (ALSA mixer)
- Virtual favorites bank. If you have favorites for an instrument, then you will see a favorites bank on first place. You still can use short-learn for favorites.
- Snapshot options. When clicking a snapshot from the list, you will get am options menu with new interesting possibilities like:
- load layers
- load sequences
- set program
- Zynthian UI on VNC
- When adding a FX to the chain, show FX presets if available.
- Improve layer chain management. Now you can replace the synth engine or the first FX on a synthless layer.
- Improve MIDI-learn touch action
- New CUIAs:
- LAYER_CONTROL [i]
- And more…
- Customized controller maps for FluidSynth (SF2 soundfonts). Give a try to the new included soundfonts, specially this one:ModSynth_R1.sf2
- The CV/Gate interface implementation is complete. 4 x CV-IN & 4 x CV-OUT, although not perfect yet, specially scaling and need lot of testing with different devices.
- The select widget has been removed from a few menus.
- You will see the intro screen until the UI is displayed.
- And many many bug-fixes and little improvements. And probably a bunch of new bugs, hopefully less and smaller.
And that’s all!
I hope there is no big issues, anyway, please, report issues here or open a task on the issue tracker if you are sure you hunted a bug (and check if already reported, please!!)