New zynthianOS image: stable-2401

OK! Could you open an issue for this in the tracking system?

Thanks!!

I downloaded and installed 2024-01-16-zynthianos-stable-2401.zip. The USB mouse is working, but the cursor is no longer visible on my monitor so I cannot see what I am doing. Is there any way to make the cursor visible again?

Thanks,
TK

Is “Enable cursor” ticked in webconf INTERFACE->UI Options? (“Advanced view” needs to be ticked to see this option.)

Yes, the Enable cursor option is checked. I tried unchecking, saving, then rechecking and saving to see if that fixed anything, but unfortunately the cursor is still not visible. Mouse clicks are still registering, I just cannot see the cursor.

Did you reboot after reasserting the enable cursor option?

same to me
I set up the option to see the keys on screen but does not work
they worked with 2306 OS
do I have to open a ticket?

1 Like

I did reboot after reasserting the cursor display option. Should I try rebuilding again from the image?

Everything’s running fine in my system. Thank you for updating so regularly Zynthian OS!

Should I submit a GitHub ticket for this? I saw that there was a similar ticket for the opposite problem, inability to hide the cursor when the cursor is de-selected:

I’d be happy to submit a ticket for what I’m experiencing. Let me know if that would help!

I updated this evening and everything is fine so far.

I started over, flashing directly from the 2024-01-16-zynthianos-stable-2401.zip image and not restoring any backups. The “Enable cursor” option is checked, but the cursor does not display. I checked for software updates and installed them, but no cursor is shown.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for troubleshooting the cursor display or if you would like me to submit a ticket to GitHub - zynthian/zynthian-issue-tracking: Centralized Issue Tracking for Zynthian Project.

Thanks again for your help!
TK

1 Like

Submit a ticket. If you’ve not done it before then it may produce various emotional responses.

This is a musical environment, and a ticket is nothing more or less than a performance, with a knowledgeable audience.

Don’t worry they are friendly and always appreciate content over silence.

Go for it.

1 Like

really fantastic suggestion

Note that due to the implementation of multi-touch support, cursor is not shown when using touch screen devices. Cursor is only shown when using a mouse.

I just tested and it worked for me. I can’t reproduce the issue when connecting a mouse.

Regards,

Thanks for the suggestions and for testing the cursor behavior. I am not using a touch screen, only an HDMI monitor. I logged Bug: Unable to see cursor on HDMI monitor when Enable cursor is selected · Issue #942 · zynthian/zynthian-issue-tracking · GitHub. Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,
TK

Hello

Due to my schedule, it took me a while to finalize my snapshot settings. Now my Zynthian with image 2401 is perfect.
@jofemodo I would like to start testing the new MIDI paradigm to create my multi-giga layers and templates.
Could you describe it step by step please? I tried to understand this new paradigm by navigating through the menus but I didn’t come away with anything.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Jeremias!

The more relevant changesin the new stable-2401 are explained here:

There will be more and deeper changes in the next chain_manager release, so probably you will need to refactor partially your highly customized snapshots. Basically we have removed the “clone” option because we allow having several synth chains in the same MIDI channel. There is a new type of chain, “MIDI+AUDIO” that can be used to route MIDI to several layered chains and then route the audio back to a “group” fader that controls volume of the mix of layered sounds. I think improves quite a bit the current behaviour. All this is in the chain_manager branch, that will be in testing very very soon.

All the best!

1 Like

Hello @jofemodo

So in the current version of ZynOS, I can’t already test the new paradigm?

Not until the next testing release, unless you want to change to chain_manager branch. It’s one way, so better use a separated SD-card for this.

Regards

1 Like

Now I understand. Thanks @jofemodo!