Notes hanging / Zynthian misses note off? [SOLVED]

weird with my mopho synthesizer the notes are still hanging. I will try to install a install the new image freshly, maybe it will work then

Iā€™ve finished building the zynthian kit yesterday, and Iā€™m also experiencing hanging notes with a Yamaha keyboard (via MIDI).
However, I could test the device only shortly and have to check if this happens with all synth engines, or other keyboards.

@jofemodo,

could your changes rgd the following be the cause?

No. I donā€™t think so ā€¦ there are still some problems with SysEx MIDI messages, so perhaps this Yamaha Keyboard is sending some kind of SysEx ā€¦ could you, @ukitel, verify this?

Regards,

Iā€™m very unexperienced, so Iā€™m not really sure how to do it.
If Iā€™ve understood well, I would have to read the MIDI output from the Yamaha keyboard and check for SysEx messages: starting with 11110000 and ending with 11110111. Am I right?
I have no way to connect a MIDI port to my computer at the moment, but I could hack something with an arduino and read it from there.
Any simpler way of doing this, through Zynthian interface?

A MIDI record mode similar to the Audio record option might be beneficial.

1 Like

I created a task:

1 Like

I was hoping that we could display incoming Midi messages, mainly as an aid for connecting the cables in a setup. But it might be useful to debug these missed notes also.

2 Likes

Prior art!
Excellent!
Consensus!
:grin:

Itā€™s on the way ā€¦ :wink:

Hi,

This problem still seems to exist. Iā€™m using a Yamaha Motif ES. I have to set (on the Motif) Utility - Midi - Sync - ClockOut to Off. Otherwise I get hanging notes all the time.

It can be seen at the Midi In led on the Zynthian: when midi clock is enabled, the led becomes dim green (very fast flashing).

I think I have the latest software, I did an upgrade this week:
zyncoder: master (68503c9)
zynthian-ui: master (8fecb5c)
zynthian-sys: master (1f0fd08)
zynthian-data: master (ba07bbc)
zynthian-webconf: master (752430a)

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Could you possibly record the MIDI out ?!?!?!?!?!

OK! I will try to solve it when i come back to my lab in Barcelona. I donā€™t have a ā€œMIDI-clock generatorā€ ā€¦ unless ā€¦ @wyleu do you know if MIDI clock messages are forwarded by QMidiNet? :wink:

Kind Regards,

QmidiNet seems to pass clock messages according to sequencer64 playing via Qmidinet to a zynth with an aseqdump at the zynth end.

Could you verify if this clock messages causes some problem (missing note-offs or similar) with some engine?

Thanks!