Pure Data Audio File Loading

Hello,

I’m using the v5 hardware and looking to add more complex audio file playback than currently available in the Audio Player. (Multiple read heads, multiple loop sections, etc.) I’ve done this is Max/MSP before so Pure Data seems like a good place to start rather than writing a new Python based audio player with additional features.

Is it possible to load sound files dynamically from the Zynthian file system into a PD buffer? Are there any examples of this technique?

The examples and docs seem to only show control mapping capabilities.

Thanks

2 Likes

Do you mean currently in stable or the upcoming ‘Oram’ release. I know there are enhancements to the audio recorder/player and multi-track capabilities planned.

Multitrack recording is in current stable. Oram brings improved looping, splicing, speed & pitch control etc. but not multihead (echo effect) or more than one loop.

I would encourage pooling ideas and development effort in the feature rich audio player.

3 Likes

Getting back to your original question:

It seems like it should be possible, because Pure Data - PureData running in Zynthian is effectively running under Linux. I don’t know of any examples and I was hoping someone else would answer. There are some topics that a search on Pure Data found that seemed like they would access files: