Raspberry pi does not start with all-in-one set

Thank you @mheidt for the instructions. I will try it if i got the touch is running.
Today i tried like @wyleu mentioned me to add “lcd_rotate=2”. But it does not work.
So i looked at the Waveshare internet wiki (https://www.waveshare.com/wiki/5inch_HDMI_LCD).
Here i can read that i have to install the drives with the following commands:
git clone https://github.com/waveshare/LCD-show.git
cd LCD-show/
chmod +x LCD5-show
./LCD5-show
I did it but now i get the following Error

On my screen the following after restart the zynthian:

Have you used the webconf already to configure it?
Search this forum. There are topics that describe it.
Try to use the calibration settings you find in here. I went through this already.
Rotating is screen dependent and can’t really be automated.

Yes i did the things for the hdmi in the webconfig at the folder display.
My question is do i have to make a new image now bevor i start again with the descripions in the forum topic?

If you had made the correct webconf setting, you shouldn’t see the console output after startup anymore.
Once you see the zynthian-ui, you can think about rotation.

Sorry @mheidt that was a stupid question. I did a new image because nothing runs anymore.
I was looking for the instruction you mentioned for the calibration and found this.

I did it and got this:
Screenshot%20(1)
Bevor of this operations i configured in the webconfig the display.

No:

If you are not happy with the calibration numbers, you can follow the link you sent

Thank you for your patience. But that all is new for me. I try my best, sorry :wink:

I have been using Hifiberry soundcard along the last 4 years and never found a broken one. In my experience it’s a very good piece of hardware. Anyway, perfection doesn’t exist, so you could had found a broken one. In my experience until now, 100% of problems like yours are caused by faulty AllInOne (bad soldering, broken IC, etc) or bad ribbon bus cable.

If you want, you could send me back the kit and i would check it for founding the problem. If the problem is due to broken parts (ribbon bus, Hifiberry), i will replace the broken part and pay the shipping costs. If the problem is bad soldering or over-heated parts, you pay the costs.

I really want you can use zynthian for making music and forget electronics and bits :wink:

Kind Regards,

Could you detail the exact model of your WaveShare 5’? WaveShare have several 5" HDMI displays. It seems yours have an USB touchscreen … yes?

Regards,

P.S. If you send me back your kit, please, include the HDMI display and i will take a look too :wink:

Hello @jofemodo i orderd this one

Here is a picture of the backside. My 5 inch waveshare has the HDMI on the top and the usb on the side like you can see on the picture

According to the instructions, you should search for “5inch HDMI LCD” in the wiki of waveshare.

About your offer to send the things to you I want to think what I’m going to do because i did so many things e.g (bad?) soldering or plug in and plug out of the conectors so it could be that i have destroid something.
For now it would be my wisch to get the zyntian running with the touch screen. Can you give me some days for this?

What do you mean with “I went to the webpage of my screen (waveshare) and followed their instructions” I found to methods on the waveshare webpage to install the driver for touch. I did the first one. after that i changed the to files like in your description. But the touch does not work. At the moment i have the situation that when i start the zynthian the startup runs but ends with a login to zyntian. like i send the picture yesterday. i tried the zynthian login but its not the right login.
I hope you can still help a DAU (Dümmster assuming user) like me.:wink:

zusätzliche info. in der datei 99-fbdev.conf hatte ich folgenden inhalt. Ich habe ihn so geändert wie beschreiben. Aber scheinbar ist der inhalt immer wieder weg.

Excuse me i forgot the translation:
additional info. in the file 99-fbdev.conf i had the following content. I changed it to describe it. But apparently the content is always gone.

I have v1. Maybe we need to provide new drivers for v2.
Let me check their website this weekend.

The MIDI Learn as you @wyleu and @mheidt told me is working for my leslie switch. I can now use the zynthian therefor where i ordered it for. To play a hammond with leslie and to play the Fender Rhodes with my old yamaha keyboard. I found many other interesting instrument engines that i will try.
My construction at the moment is easy (open case for open software :wink:) But i can play with the zynthian an get learning. At the moment i use a mouse for control.
But it would be nice if you can find any solution for me to use the touch on my display.

Ok, you need to get this installation running.
Once you have a working raspbian, we can add the installed drivers into Zynthian.

Do you have a working internet connection when you ran that command?

What do you mean with “working raspbian”? I did a new image from zynthian to my sd card and now i can work with the engiens with the mouse.
And yes i had a working internet connection when i ran that command. I always work with LAN.

Please give me a step by step instructions i have to do because i am not the expert with LINUX.

Hello
today i got my zynthian running. The culprit was the pi. After jofemondo checked my All-in-one and everything was o.k i ordered a new pi and now everything runs.:smiley:

Thank you to everybody which tried to help me.

3 Likes

Hopefully a magnificent moment of achievement! :laughing:
So, would sir like chose a key and a time sig? and we zynthian formation support team will count you in… :face_with_monocle: