Raspberry Pi GPI pins and encoders

Yep…

To be honest this is always a learn again process everytime I revisit it…

Yes, but by doing this, Zynthian no longer starts up and the logo on the display is in ugly colors …

Set them all to 0 ( it used to work) and then introduce them one by one, but do make sure you make a note of the current settings.

Ive seen one pin already allocated will kill a zynth in the sort of mode you describe, althou I haven’t seen a screen muck up…
You are unlikely to get this by hit and miss, you really need to work out what is connected to what and check them individually as well.

Unfortunately I can’t find the GPIOs used by the Adafruit 2.8 resistive display

I withdraw what has been said about the display … with these pins set, the logo is beautiful but it stops …

I’m trying to insert one encoder at a time … let’s see what happens …

It can be a bit of a dance, but it feels good when you get it right but don’t forget to right down the answer that works!

I had to reallocate one GPIO pin and resolder on both devices on a change deep within the Raspberry Pi code, that I never really got to the bottom of on one specific update…

Someonemight comment on what constitutes the current testing branch it’s possible that things have changed.

By inserting only the pins of encoder D this happens:

Ok set all encoder D pins to 0 and see if you can get functionality on the other encoders.

I have a doubt … the pin 11 which is GPIO 0 does not bother when you set all zeros ??

The problem is the D … that is GPIO 4,5 and 6.
Can GPIOs 12, 13 and 14 be used? who are MISO, SCLK and MOSI?

So do you have a working config except for Encoder D ( select?)
When I’m doing this I tend to store the screenshot on the discource channel simply because that’ feels like the best place for it.

Notice the change in webconf display, best to run testing.

I tried to move the pins of D to GPIO 12,13 and 14 but it doesn’t boot …

Keep trying…

You are the only person who operates this configuration so comparisons with other systems are only going to take you so far.
It’s possibly only one of them so use the other values to 0 to map it all out.

I tended to be guided by the higher pins simply to keep it all out of they way of stuff like the 12c & SPI streams if they were present.

Now … coffee break and then I start again … meanwhile, THANK YOU

I used to use a emoticon at this point but since I lost a bet on New Years Eve, I’m no longer allowed to . . .

Course if some else could …

Oooooh Star Trek original has just come on the Freeview…

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I had to rewrite the SD because the system no longer reacted to webconf shutdowns … Anyway, the encoder D remains out of me … I have to try to find a solution …

I would also buy the Basic Kit but it is sold out

How easy is it for you to change the encoder pins on encoder D to other i/o pins?

There are no more free pins … :pensive:

Could you start by using the I/R control pin listed in the datasheet just to identify the Encoder D switch?