Raspberry Pi Pico

I must congratulation you on the orange colour.

I can’t but help here this … . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jh7uFjKvwo

Bit before my time… I don’t really understand

UFO! Saturday morning TV was banned in our house when I was a kid so I missed it first time around. I watched the complete series during my pre-Covid bus commute. Very cheesy, but the theme tune is wicked! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2PoXfZdYVU

2 Likes

I don’t believe that series made it to the new world. It does bring to mind the movie Galaxy Quest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnjoiqfhDtQ

It’s probably close to 50 years old…

I think there was a US remake of it, maybe?

Using a Raspberry Pi Pico as a Logic Analyzer with PulseView

The open source Sigrok logic analyzer software runs on a number of platforms, it works with a variety of ‘smart instruments’ including an $8 Chinese Logic analyzer dongles running an old FPLA, connected to your PC.

The Hackster How To article shows how to capture data to a CSV file for Sigrok Pulseview to examine. They have a MIDI protocol decoder among many others. (The Pico appears fast enough for I2C signals)

The single C file is intended for the Pi foundation tool chain but may be a adaptable to the Arduino IDE plugin (or PlatformIO? let me know)

2 Likes

A couple RP2040 based programmable USB Keypads from from PIMORONI

Pico RGB Keypad Base with 4x4 smart LED rainbow-illuminated keypad
Solder in your Raspberry Pi Pico £21.90

(Programmed with micropython)

Keybow 2040 4x4 USB Keypad £49.50
A more compact design with an integrated chip.

(Programmed with Circuitpython, 9 Examples) . . . 56 Minute Video

2 Likes

the first one is already out of stock ! while I found the second one a bit expensive … but anyway these are interesting products.

My project with 32-bit Audio DAC and 8x 12-Bit ADC for CV:

3 Likes

This looks good… I’m glad someone has done this. Any for sale? Any test units?

The PIO might be useful for some quick format conversion of signals, but I don’t know if the cores can accomplish much 24 bit signal processing, certainly the availability of the rp2040 is a plus.

A Cortex M4, like in the ATSAMD51 could do a lot more, (apparently the Cortex-M4F is the variation with hardware floating point) Adafruit, who have regular posts regarding chip shortages, seem to be out of stock of a lot of their ATSAMD51 boards.

The powerful Cortex-M7 used in the Teensy 4.0 , 4.1 could do some tricky effects, he is expecting a shipment of the NXP chips finally in January (some Teensy 3.x chips are delayed until June 2023.)

His *Audio System Design Tool" allows one to visually design a process chain and output Arduino source code. It works with his Cortex M4 boards as well.

Teensy audio_design_tool_screenshot

I ran across the HackaDay write up on a Euro Rack implementation of that board?, mentioning Vult DSP transcompiler

just followed through to the PicoADK-FreeRTOS-Template link, where I noticed the helpful fixed point function library: src/vultin.cpp along with the vultsrc/dsp.vult it gets a surprising amount of work done by the rp2040.

1 Like

Hey, Datanoise here, the maker of the PicoADK. A small amount of boards is left and 80 more to be ordered as soon as possible!

The code examples actually work well even with polyphonic Vult DSP based synths with a simple echo. More is possible as well. A ladder filter and state variable filter also works well!

2 Likes

Picosynth

3 Likes

Here’s an intruiguing project

3 Likes

Nice project!
The pico seems to be way more capable than I thought.