RTL SDR radio LV2 plugin

Is there anything we have that can take the recording and create a synth from it?
Ideally granular based. We have Argotlunar but that’s an effect - would be awesome if it could load in a sample as a source for grains.

We’ve been here before :smiley: Granular Sampler plugin

I wonder what it was about syncrose that didn’t work…

Yeah we have :smiley: Argotlunar is quite cool as an effect but would work better as a standalone synth and being able to load source audio.

Anyway it was just a thought :smiley:

Can someone have a look at the code above and tell my why the volume zctrl isn’t working?

It’s coming along:

Like a set out outtakes from a Pink Floyd track.

You get some effects towards the end. But equally the recording seems to go very poor as well.

Another attempt, jack record doesn’t like it again.

Did you say you had a pull request in @Baggypants?

I may have mentioned it once or twice

2 Likes

What needs to happen to the pull request? Is it something we need @jofemodo to do?

In related news… Just saw this pop…

https://www.zdnet.com/article/raspberry-pi-4-how-i-built-a-software-defined-radio-system-to-track-passing-planes/

I’m still more keen on equing and gateing radio noise as an instrument but aeroplanes can be fun too.

Yes.

1 Like

The time is coming, guys! My RTL-SDR dongle is on its way … :wink:

https://www.amazon.es/NooElec-NESDR-SMArt-Aluminio-antenas/dp/B01GDN1T4S/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=rtl+sdr&qid=1594111651&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFIQzk0NFpGUzFVRUMmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxNTc3MTYxWkIzNEhIVkxOTzhKJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0Mzk1ODYxRlM4TUtKMFgwOUk3JndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

I’m reviewing your code, @Baggypants, just now …

The best!!

2 Likes

Sorry guys, I’m just curious: What kind of “musical” application is there exactly for an SDR radio in the Zynthian?

1 Like

I think it falls on the musical side of the divide compared with zyn-etcha-sketch :grin:.

Well it does allow us to provide backgrounds for coding…

You had to be at zynth club…

1 Like

I know… I think about coming in every week, but the time is too late for me because I have to work early in the morning and then I usually forget the appointment.

But, yes… “A walk in the black forrest” is a very good point. It’s what I need for programming.

Regards, Holger

Um… Avant Garde, obviously.

( Check https://youtu.be/dwexkS4Djb8?t=7m45s and the rest of this video for some ideas… I’d like to do stuff like this!)

Wow… So good to hear you are onboard with this! But I think @Baggypantswill agree we have now got a new highest price on SDR dongles.

Glad my posts and pull requests get the attention they deserve! It was mostly “The OP-1 has a radio and I want to be a hipster” Maybe we’ll have a live sampler and granular synthesizer to havevfun with it later.

2 Likes

:grin: Me too!

1 Like

To me, hipsters are still a weird 1970’s fashion of trousers that are worn on the hip. Oh! those brown flared hipsters still give my nightmares and nostalgia for a more innocent time - in equal measure!

1 Like