Sending USB-Midi data to Zynthian, from an external DAW/Computer

Forget it, just the wrong cable connected :S
It was too late xD.
Works fine now

Here on amazon more quick https://www.amazon.es/3-1-Tipo-USB-C-macho-teléfono-celular/dp/B01LAV03KE

But it’s pretty clear!! The power and the data from the 2xA is for the type C … what else?
Anyway, the Y-connector you linked is quite interesting too :wink:

Regards,

1 Like

I have a USB hub with on/off switches. When I turn off the power on the one going to my Casio Keyboard . It still works since only the power line is interrupted and the Casio supplies its own power , so it only uses D+ and D- data lines. Since the PI 4’s Connector Isn’t standard USB C Spec, Only Power and USB 2.0 routed from the SOC.

A Y with only power on one and data on the other would be perfect. But you’d have to make your own cable as no one seems makes one.

You may have USB 3.0 ports on your PC which can deliver 900mA each so the splitter jofemodo found could plug into both and get 1.8A @ 5v Still under the 2.5A-3A that we’d prefer

Is there a USB audio capability in the latest software, or was that a nonstarter? I’m using the 4.1 Kit, HiFiBerry DAC+ ADC Stage and can see the Zynthian midi ports in MacOS. I also found where to disable OTG in the Web Configuration tool, and I glean from the interwebs and this thread that there is a theoretical Raspberry Pi 4B USB C audio capability, although HiFiBerry generated maybe not so much. I’m otherwise pretty clueless where to cast my gaze in hope of catching a glimpse of the fabled creature. Will the new soundcard help?

Hi @AndyV

Currently only MIDI is supported over OTG. I think this thread went quiet when people realised the awkwardness of getting sufficient power into the Zynthian with this configuration, i.e. USB from host computer to Zynthian power inlet. Although it may be possible I am not aware of anyone progressing the interface to support audio.

2 Likes

This also works via a USB hub. I have a 4A power supply on the hub. That should be enough power.