A new software upgrade is ready. You only have to connect your Zynthian Box to your router with an ethernet cable and click the “update software” option in the admin menu TWICE!! Yes, you must update TWICE!! After the second update finished, your zynthian box should reboot automaticaly.
If you didn’t upgrade to “Multilayer” yet, the proccess will take some time because your zynthian box have a lot of update work to do. It will upgrade to “multilayer” first and after to “webconf”. Be patient, relax and sit-down … or go to take a good beer!!
The list of new features on this upgrade is this:
1. Web Configuration Tool: Yes, finally we have the first version of the web configuration tool. It’s not finished yet, but it’s a good starting point.
You can access the tool writing “zynthian.local” (or your zynthian’s IP) in your browser. Currently you can configure:
- AUDIO: Soundcard model and sound adjustments (jackd options, etc.)
- DISPLAY: Display model and options
- WIRING: Wiring layout
- USER INTERFACE: Fonts & colors
- SYSTEM: Hostname & (root) password configuration
- REBOOT option
After saving your changes, you must reboot your zynthian box to enable the changes.
In the TODO list is:
- WIFI configuration
- Soundfont Library Manager
2. Some bugfixes and improvements: Among others, better font scaling for bigger display sizes.
Regarding the Display & Soundcard configuration, there is a lot of work to do here. I only have tested some configurations because i don’t have all the hardware is listed on. Your feedback and help will be very appreciated here. I will start a list of “working configurations” and i hope you help me to grow and improve it.
(* EDIT 2017-05-7 4:50 => i’ve added 2 new configuration options to the list *)