SooperLooper - In Testing

I agree - it is confusing to lose a feature without knowing why. This is true of several engines including: PianoTeq, setBfree, Aeolus, mod-ui & pure data.

Add a feature request for indication of used / unavailable engines. Who knows? Someone might implement it…

Perhaps It could be shown disabled

Added a feature request, as requested by @riban:

1 Like

Indeed! We should be able to implement something generic that will work for all such disabled engines. How about showing them in orange? :joy::yum:

2 Likes

Let’s ask Mr brócoli about the color…

1 Like

I like Saddle Brown

1 Like

@riban told me “no colours, just thicker or thinner lines.” And he heard that from some guy in Barcelona!

The most hotly disputed debates I ever heard in post production edit suites were over colours…

Brown doesn’t really exist, its just low intensity Orange and is only perceived contextually.

Low intensity orange eyed girl perceived contextually was certainly a success for Van the Man.

2 Likes

Contextually dark orange windsor soup doesn’t have quite the same appeal either…

Mind you It’s still better than rook…

Sooperlooper worked really well in yesterdays gig, It wasn’t recorded as far as I know but if any surface from the small crowd I’ll share them, and I didn’t want to risk adding load to the zynth by starting my own, but there were no technical glitches, only minor performer ones! I’ll be updating it to the latest testing and playing with the new goodies.

I used it with four presets, all with four tracks. One was all blank and three had rhythm loops pre-recorded, it was a really nice workflow and helped the whole thing run smoothly. Everyone enjoyed the gig and I felt hugely encouraged. I might even get invited back to the community centre for further performances, so maybe I’ll try and record that.

The only thing I’d change from it is that I need better midi pads, these one I’m using sometimes need a debounce, they trigger the loop record/overdub twice which leads to confusing mismatch of status and led. Maybe a multi channel input or a small physical mixer would also help if I wanted to take more kit. Thanks for all your hard work @riban

8 Likes

Zynthian in artistic shot.

9 Likes

niceeeee!

With your permission, i’m adding this nice photo to the zynthian’s web. Like this:

Thanks a lot!

Let me check with the photographer.

1 Like

Ups! I already added so you (and your photographer) can see the result. But no problem with removing it. If your photographer doesn’t like, simply tell me and i will remove it ASAP.

It’s fine to use it but it must be credited to “Breige Cobane Photography.”

2 Likes

Done!!

Keyboard Expander - Zynthian: Open Synth Platform

Thanks!

3 Likes

I like those bass pedals, have you written that project up somewhere? I’ve been keeping my eyes out for a discarded organ to cannibalize some pedals from to do something like that myself, since nobody makes a simple set of pedals with midi out for less than a couple thousand, it seems.