Success Cases

Congratulations!! A really nice Zynthian, my friend!! :medal_sports::medal_sports::medal_sports:

2 Likes

Thank you very much ! This box wouldnā€™t be alive if there will be no zynthian inside (thanks to you!!! ) !

Look forward to upcomming firmware and trying it in action, till then it will be travelling and performing all over the southern Italy :slight_smile:

1 Like

P.s. the side parts were inspired by moog wooden parts. Of course mine are plywood and not from oak, nut or other more natural materials, and my form is a bit more roundy. I have the sketches in Solid Edge if anyone would like to make something alike on their own.

1 Like

Mine is alive!!

I was being cheap and bought everything from china:

The screen is compatible with the WaveShare 3.5A option. Replacing the female connector with a male connector was a pain (and had to do it twice, initially I soldered it to the wrong side of the board).

HifiBerry clone. Again had to replace the female connector with male pin headers.

Buying the recommended parts would have saved me a few hours.

Very happy with the result!! Thanks for all your work.

7 Likes

Could you upload us a sound file from it to here as confirmation? ( just a note from your favourite preset if you like :-D).

The new audio record (admin|Start Audio Recording) makes this easy using the web Interface (zynthian.local | Library Capture ) to upload the file :smiley:

Course if you want to go for it note/sound wise then go for it !!!

Let me play Body and Soul for you all :slight_smile:

10 Likes

The pianoteq Rhodes is awesome btw!

1 Like

I said one note ā€¦ :rofl:

Not that Iā€™m complaining.

Hi @joostn, nice sounds and nice playing.

Thank you for sharing

Thanks a lot, @joostn!

I added your beautiful play to the Wikiā€™s Audio demos:

http://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_Sound_Demos

Please, send as many as you want!! Itā€™s a wondeful contribution to the project!! :wink:

Regards,

P.S: @wyleu, have i told you that i love you, man? :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m officially signed up and in for the long haul. I just finished building a DIY v2.1 Zynthian kit over here in Pleasanton, California. Iā€™m stoked to be trying to get this working.

Here are a few photos from my instagram feed:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmoIgmlhQ83/?taken-by=b1tw1se
https://www.instagram.com/p/BmZJrl1B5mI/?taken-by=b1tw1se

The hardware build wasnā€™t so bad but I have to say that Iā€™ve had more trouble with the software side of things. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll meet folks on here and we can solve the issues together.

I tried downloading one of the torrent files to get an image. That didnā€™t work so wellā€¦ (ran my client for a week and didnā€™t download a single bit). I then found that there was a nightly build CI going so I grabbed the latest build from os.zynthian.org and flashed a 128GB sd.

When I booted for the first time I saw a zynthian logo and an ERROR message. It then rebooted and came up to what looked like a good menu screen but none of my encoders worked. My touch screen interface did however. So here I am :smiley: diving into the software/hardware debug phase and loving it. Iā€™ve double checked my cabling and soldering and nothing obvious stands out. Are the nightly images stable?

3 Likes

I also had trouble downloading the stable image. I was trying to download the torrent on a partition that is formated in fat32 but apparently there is a size limit to a file on fat. Moved the download to another drive solved the problem for me.

Yes there certainly seems to be a certain element of black magic in the making of bootable ssd cards.

I do it using the disktools in the xubuntu desktop which allows various formats most of which Iā€™ve tried, I assume the Image writes over the top of it all anyway.
Iā€™ve tended to do a complete format before I start, I canā€™t remember if thatā€™s an experience or a just in case but itā€™s now part of the ritual.!

I like the LED on the MIDI Port, My 4 pin DIN socket I had to hand didnā€™t have the pin numbers on so I got it the wrong way round the first time . . Once Iā€™d sorted that out we have a working MIDI IN LED which is very useful.

Iā€™ve mounted the all-in-one encoder without a ribbon cable which keeps things quite compact. It meant replacing the supplied 40 way pin block with one with long pins and a socket and soldering above.

If I soldered the socket on the other side of the All-in-one and with a bit of cutting I could squeeze the cut down board in the red box but I suspect this is not really practical, just useful to know from the point of view of mounting options. I suspect It would have heat problems !!!

This to allow me to select Layer Options, which I donā€™t think you can get to from an hdmi & mouse . . . :smiley:

I suppose Iā€™ve made a new zynth so I better upload some outputā€¦

Some Vangelis strings from ZynAddSubFx net wisdom

1 Like

Well, quite true. But itā€™s only matter of choosing the right writing tool. For me, under Windows 10, Win32 Disk Imager download | SourceForge.net never failed.

Moreover, I have modified all my rPI3 to boot from USB (Raspberry Pi Documentation - Raspberry Pi hardware) , and Win32DiskImager can write bootable images onto USB pendrives in the same way it writes a bootable uSD card.

(never tried with a Zynthian image, though)

AFAIK, the torrent are working OK. My torrent server is seeding all the time and i there are others seeders too. I tried right now and counted 5/9 seeders. Probably you have some problem with torrent in your network. Perhaps your company limits torrent use.

Anyway, you can download the official Gorgona Omega image from this links:

Kind Regards,

1 Like

Does anyone check the hashes of the downloads? I know I donā€™t.

Thank you Iā€™ll give this a try to see where I am hardware-wise. Iā€™ll see if I can connect to the admin interface in a browser once itā€™s up.

That has no audio in, right?

Here are a few image gallery sites, showing Zynthian case designs

https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/zynthian/?hl=en

http://picdeer.com/zynthian

https://www.imgrumweb.com/hashtag/zynthian

ā€” Here are a couple examples from these sites ā€”

6 Likes

Hi, here are some pictures of my super cheap build with air wiring, a Joy-It display and a nice tag-and-slot case made with my Dremel-Drawer-Slides-and-MDF-CNC:

7 Likes