Success Cases

The kvm doesn’t work with the due without causing a bug, so, i got rid of it. I’m passing the midi data via serial thru a Arduino pro micro and it is using the MIDIUSB library to pass the serial data to the PC at the same time that the Arduino due pass data to the zynthian also via USB.
PS: in that case, don’t join the 3.3v lines of the two boards, just to be safe.

I’ve been playing around with guitar effects and the reMid/reSid plugin ever since my first RPI and the day I discovered Zynthian, I knew i had to build one! Fast forward 4 years (well, 4 kids, full time day job and a 100 year old house leaves little time for leisure :wink:) and my favorite toy and music making tool is finally a reality. I still have a lot to learn and can’t help thinking up excuses for building #2. Thanks to all the hardworking Zynthians for making this possible.

Best wishes!
Daniel

12 Likes

Woaooo! Congratulations! Really nice enclosure and setup. It seems solid.
Give some details, please :wink:

• Are you happy with the Audioinjector?
  • What about the power source?
  • Did you include a pre-amp?

The best!

Thanks, the alu-case is from an old modem, but the wood sides are home made, and I’m pretty satisfied. After all I’m more of a software guy :wink:.

I have a love /hate relationship with the Audio injector. The header pins cost me a lot of trouble, as I’ve mentioned elsewhere. But I really like the input part (even though I haven’t been able to turn that on after assembling the case :roll_eyes:) wanna play with the vocoder and maybe some bas/guitar effects.

My power supply is an old laptop psu and a DC/DC converter. Works great for Zynthian, but unfortunately the RPI can’t power my Akai MK25 through usb.

I haven’t thought of a preamp. At home I’m using a bass Amp directly connected to the A-I. I haven’t tried it through a mixer yet, but I guess I’ll go through a line driver if there’s not enough punch in my box.
The jack and fader on top is just a pot and a stereo jack for “private sessions” :hear_no_evil:

DC/DC converter and a little access window for the SDcard

4 Likes

Wow so small, love it!

Better late than never isn’t it ? That is my short audio demo. @wyleu - sorry it took so much time, but now my conscience is clear :slight_smile:

This is one of layered presets and I have got a lot of nice combinations since my zynth was finished, a few hundred I guess…

It was used in our active live performances across India (battery powered, we played on the streets a lot) and it proved to be a very reliable friend in unpredictable and sometimes stressful environment.

Now I have completely replaced all my keyboard things with zynthian, so once again I express my unlimited gratitude to everyone involved, including it’s “godfather” - @jofemodo. It’s a dreamsynthian for me ! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Very nice and solid - great job !

Live gig situation

4 Likes

@dhrupadiya,
It’s difficult to find words to describe how satisfying that is. To hear and see how tools like this get used is proof of how limited our imaginations can be.
Never have I felt so close to someone I have met only via simple ip packets.
We live in miraculous times … :smiley:

Next piece? . . . :face_with_monocle:

This is a zynth recording or recorded out of the mixer?

Zynthian internal audio recording, compressed to mp3 for forum upload. Unedited, as it is

More to come, please don’t push it @wyleu :wink:

Just doing my job. . . . . :smirk:

3 Likes

Indeed you are and thanks for that ! So please push once in a while, otherwise us lazy folks will never upload much :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Impressive gig you’ve got. What kind of instrument is the string-like instrument in the right side of your setup?

That is studio sitar, a friend of mine is playing and singing, while my job is many: to play, to sing and taking care of the sound stuff. Two of us in one project.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your piece. It’s really beauty and relaxing …I will be waiting for the next one :wink:

BTW … Do you have photos or video from your Indian tour?

The best!

Glad you have enjoyed the piece, will be happy to share some more of them later.

Videos and photos are scheduled for sorting. But here are the few:

9 Likes

Hi all,
here’s my newborn zynthian from Italy! Thanks a lot for your work, this project is AMAZING!

Cheers,
bacc

8 Likes

A TupperZynthian :)…

3 Likes

Welcome @bacc. possibly the most water resistant zynth we’ve seen so far !!

You do, of course, know why I’ve come to greet you on this thread don’t you …?

1 Like