Success Cases

Welcome @bacc. possibly the most water resistant zynth weā€™ve seen so far !!

You do, of course, know why Iā€™ve come to greet you on this thread donā€™t you ā€¦?

1 Like

hi @wyleu! guess I do :smirk: donā€™t worry, some noise is coming as soon as possible!

Itā€™s the easiest way, and it does get your pet cat back . . . . .

. . . . and in one piece . . .

3 Likes

hereā€™s something just to prove itā€™s alive! from my fav synth Helm!

4 Likes

And there in lies our secretā€¦ :smiley:

Well well @bacc that is rather fine :smiley:

How where you controlling what and how did you build the modulations and what did you use to tweak themā€¦?

In short what were you doing at 1 minute in? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
These are but a few of the many, many questions the forthcoming survey will requireā€¦:face_with_monocle:

You might even be made to start a whole new thread simply entitled helm so you can tell us all about it ā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi, guys,
Iā€™d like to show you my version of the Zynthian. I built it with a 5" touch display. I put the USB port for the touch display inside. (Was easier than I thought).

The most time-consuming part was the construction of the case, because it only consists of two parts.
I had problems with the power supply when starting. I then added a plug to supply the display directly with power (is not shown here, but can be read on my blog).
Since then it works great and the Zynthian is really fun.

The next step should be to colour the caseā€¦:wink:

11 Likes

Looks truly niceā€¦ and about the colour, this white box is cuteā€¦
But most of all, your fully documented blog is a goldmine for who would like to make one similarā€¦ thanx a lot for your sharingā€¦
Thierry

1 Like

Almost looks like an early iDevice from Apple. Very lovely.

1 Like

I like it. One of the nicest box Iā€™ve seen.
Even if it reminds me a medical device ā€œtoo closely for comfort, Iā€™m afraidā€ (cit.)

Ohhhh!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap: Itā€™s a very fine case design!!! Congratulations!!
Very good work with the case and the mounting ā€¦ and amazing tutorial in your blog!!

I added a link in the zynthian wiki:

Zynthian Box Building - ZynthianWiki

Regarding the 3D printed case ā€¦ have you published the files somewhere? Would you like to add it to the Zynthian repository?

Thanks!!

Thank you for all the compliments! :slight_smile: I am very happy if I can help others. :slight_smile:

Thank you jofemodo for setting the link. This helps me to build up my blog, which is still at the beginning.

The STL data for the case can also be downloaded from my blog. You just probably didnā€™t find the link because everything is in German. :wink: Link to STL-Files

I plan to make my page bilingual in the future, but that will take some time. But I could translate the article about the Zynthian and put it online. What do you think, would it be a good idea to publish an english version? Maybe on Instructables.com?

1 Like

Would you like to include it in the HW github repository?

Instructables are perfectly OK and we can link the article from our wiki. Of course, if you want to publish directly in zynthian wiki, i will give you an account (wikiā€™s register is not open because we have serious problems with spammers.)

Kind Regards,

My custom Zynthian is now working well enough to show you all here.

• Pi 4 (working great!)
  • v2 controller board
  • Waveshare 4.3 HDMI and GPIO screen
  • Hifiberry Digi
  • No midi ports (everything is USB)
  • Digital audio outs only. No analog audio out. (Iā€™m weird)
  • Old radio case, gutted, with custom front plate (please donā€™t look too closely at my woodworking skills around the screen)

Itā€™s been a long while getting all the non-standard components working, so thanks the usual suspects here for the forum help and creating this amazing project.

Edit: hereā€™s a sound sample. Pianoteqā€™s celtic harp set at internal 44100 Hz rate with 32 polyphonyā€¦ seeing how hot I can get the Pi 4.

8 Likes

Ohhhh!! :heart_eyes: Nice machine, my friend!!

1 Like

Although @C0d3manā€™s tablecloth is clearly superior ā€¦ :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

It has a magnificent early radio case look! It Soooo wantā€™s a wire pulled across a glass screen to really give it authenticity, and if you could load up a sample of a radio being tuned the illusion is complete. . . .

Which of course leads us to the matter of a sound sample :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Hey everyone! Iā€™ve finally gotten around to posting my Zynthian. Scratch built and installed in some really old analog hospital equipment that already had RCA outputs. I think itā€™s from sometime in the late 40s or early 50s. Not sure. If anyone knows please let me know!

12 Likes

That is a lovely case! Thanks for sharing. I canā€™t help but feel itā€™s missing one tiny thing though.:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

OMG! ITā€™S INFECTUOUS!!! :crazy_face:

3 Likes