Success Cases

With the power supply problem, I ordered it on Aliexpress with a large number of amperes.

Twinthian!

6 Likes

Oh yeah!

I want to do with a 7 inch display for a sequencer. I will have enough time. After the clinic I will stay at home for half a year.

1 Like

Nice :star_struck:

Well, after a lot of learning and work (and painting, sanding, painting, sanding, painting, sanding and painting again, yes, really) I present to you the tight RED DWARF:

The key for this was getting a v4 zynthian but smaller and more space efficient (even if it made the whole build a bit more of a pain. I used midi trs (in, thru, out from top to bottom) to get the size down (type A is the standard now, if you’re wondering wich one i used) and also added a switch to the usb C, so i can turn it of. Also there is a external acces to the sd card in the works, but i’ll have to design my own pcb by the looks of it!

!

I also kept the ins and outs at 6.3mm, just because i prefer it and shrinking further is not possible due to some other components.
also the top left thing is a pedal connection, trs to be able to put 2 with a stereo to mono splitter, that for now is connected to sw4 in the screen but that i plan to move to some of the free gpio pins

(the fan connection is temporal, where those wires go is where the hifiberry goes.

I made almost all of these designs that i could make available if you wanted them.

And now to please the :face_with_monocle: gods, a quick jam i recorded with the unit and a squarp pyramid:

Aaaand yeah, that’s it for now, thanks for all the inspiration in this thread that led me to do such a build.

17 Likes

Very nice. Congrats.
Is the case 3D printed ? I ask myself because as is, it looks very clean. And is the global rigidity good enough ?

Thanks!

Yeah, i printed it in PETG, and it’s reasonably rigid, after assembly there is very little flex.

The clean looks come from the post-processing with filler primer, paint and matte varnish

Okay, thank you, I understand now :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :

Once again, really well done. What are the overall dimensions ?

Maybe you can make a pull request with that stuff to zynthian’s hardware repository

I finally upgraded to RPi4 :partying_face:

6 Likes

Excellent !!!

And you know how we celebrate that round here don’t you … ? :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

And I was sure I could get away with it.

3 Likes

Dream on ! :smiley:

That’s quite chilling…!
Are you applying any control manipulation at all…?

What’s the engine, snapshot and audio effects …?

Precision Engineering!

2 Likes

:smiling_imp:
maybe a little scared now?

It´s Surge 005 Factory_Lead Harsher/LD_Harsher
just moving the Mod Wheel

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Surge zss transfers

Yet another Zynthian has been brought into this world :slight_smile:

Done mostly with components from Amazon (let me know if anyone want links to the specific items) plus an old USB midi interface I had lying around.

Only worked after doing a full update to Zynthian and a rpi-update, but after that it worked like a charm.

The case was a bit smaller than expected, so it was mostly luck that I actually managed to cram it all in there. Let me know if you want pictures of the inside.

All outs are minijack to save space. Using MIDI TRS B because those were the TRS-DIN adapters I already had.

Such an awesome little synt - perfect match for what I was missing (piano samples and FM) plus it has so much more.

11 Likes

:zynthianic: as an homage to our friend @wyleu? (i.e. Upload us a sound sample of you playing it to prove that it is working)

2 Likes

Hey there, just assembled my v4.1 kit and it works like a charm. The instructions were very clear and I am blown away by whats included here. Will take some time to get to know all the synths and fx.

I also made a little video playing MDA ePiano via my current pet project asdf piano, which is essentially a cheat code for non piano players who want to play cool chords :face_with_monocle: I am looking forward to try out how well this thing handles live mic input with effects

Thanks to all who helped to create this supercool box :heart:

7 Likes

<- little bossa nova sound demo using MDA ePiano :upside_down_face:

10 Likes