Success Cases

Yes, now that I see that you ppl don’t show the required discipline, I have to ommit duplicates in the webconf :stuck_out_tongue:

Like to see a similar degree of discipline in the spelling … :smiley:

3 Likes

:slight_smile: Feel free to write a spelling plugin for discourse.

3 Likes

These are my categories of instruments. 1, 2 - Piano, 3 - EPiano, 4- Organs, 5 -Pads, 6 - Strings… :slightly_smiling_face:

for acoustic piano, I have two subgroups, 1 - Yamaha C7, 2 - Salamander Grand Piano, without Рad and with Рad…
…just because I’m so comfortable… just because it’s my choice :smile:

…I use an external Korg controller for live performances, which has 8 channels, and each channel is linked to a specific group of instruments…
to use the mechanical memory of my hands to change parameters while playing, almost without looking at the controller…

5 Likes

If you are assigning duplicate numbers at group or snapshot level, you won’t be able to load snapshots via MIDI (Program change on Master Channel).
I will change the webconf in the future, so that you won’t be able to do so.
I didn’t before because I wanted to assign it to the target first and moved the one on the position later. In the future you have to free up the space before you can use it.

…it’s very inconvenient to use the Program Change commands to change snapshots …
some of the snapshots load for a very long time … for a live performance this is not at all …

it would be much simpler to use the single-channel mode for several loaded layers of instruments, with the ability to choose which layers receives notes and value CC from MIDI devices…

it is advisable to be able to assign layer activity control to an external MIDI controller …

I have one snapshot per song.
Each engine gets a layer. Within the layer I use zs3 so that I can use program change of that midi channel to switch between presets of the engine.
Even switches between Pianoteq instruments takes less than a second…except of the CP80, which takes longer…dunno why.

1 Like

@Roma interesting case - is that re-purposed from something else or a purchased enclosure?

My first build had the screen on top like that, because I could not fit it inside - I like how yours has a surround protecting the sides - did you make that? I ended up using sticky back foam strips but like yours better.

I’m not sure I would get mine in anything that low due to my Pi stack.

and

Hi folks!

:face_with_monocle:

Well, so here I am back again, this time finally with the real thing and hands-on. Woohoo!

I’m afraid I have a bit of history round here… I have to admit: For far too long I was collecting ideas how to mod things (but only in theory), wanted to do everything at once, and didn’t manage to. For years I relied on a Zynthian planning some simplified live rig, but didn’t simply start building one. Too much perfectionism.
I want to apologise for fading away suddenly for several times, leaving some interesting discussions and ideas open and unfinished. I was just kind of overstrained and busy with studying, life and all those strange things. I’m deeply sorry.

So I realised, to finally get the f*** doing something practically, I should just start with a piece of hardware somehow to get into it step by step… and I took the recent opportunity to take over hekokkong’s Zynthian as a basis.
And what should I say - OMG is this fun! I mean, I was already hyped for years just reading what you guys are doing. But well, it arrived yesterday evening, so I was quite excited to hook it up last night, started playing around a bit… and when I had a look at my phone the next time, it “suddenly” was 3 o’ clock at night. Yeah.
A huge thank you, this thing is awesome!

Is there a preferred way of contributing as a musician-more-than-anything-else? Audio examples?

Btw: I already have a Pi4 laying around, which will sooner or later replace the current 3B+, as soon as I tinkered some fitting new case…

Lots of groove,
Bernhard

6 Likes

Rather nice use of leslie!

EpicEnteR Drums.gig (7.9 MB)

EpicEnteR Drums.mid (871 Bytes)

Tempo 136…

for your joy… :face_with_monocle: :smile: :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

2 Likes

11 Likes

What are the LEDs to the right? Do you have an internal picture?

Hi, I had a broken Roland Juno-G, I took a part of the case from aluminum sawed up, there were extra holes from the buttons and I put the LED indicator there.

Eyes turned to the sky by Roman Generalov

Zynthian: Bass, Synth Leads, Piano, Strings, Oboe…

8 Likes