this is my first try to use a small box for so much hightech and a router (for the rectangle display hole).
I followed Holgers instruction but soldered my own PCBs for 2in1 and controller boards and built the nice ribbon cables. Although I was confused by the naming of the allocated GPIOs of the RBPI, I decided the most logical connection... drilled some holes in the alu case...
and tried the first launch:
Then I touched a key on my masterkeyboard...: WOW, AWESOME so clear and fat sound I did not expect (and by the way I did not believe that my PCBs will work).
At this moment I want to thank the Zynthian team for their great effort!!
Then all the boards had to go in the case.
Close it and try again:
Lucky me, it still works...
The next step will be to use the right metal screws and a good design for the front with the name and the (short) knob description. The cheap china encoders are a bit wobbly, they should be changed also.
At the moment I hear a quiet high frequencied noise when it is running, may be the display or the cables that are very near to the hifiberry. I will try to find out how to get rid of it.
Very very nice project, thanks again!