Temperature in zynthian?

Hi,

I wanted to know if it is possible (except in the webconf) to see the temperature in the Zynthian. Does that already exist? Would that even be possible? Is that planned? Questions about questions :grinning:.

Greetings…

If it gets hot you will see a warning :warning: sign :slight_smile:

1 Like

Access Zynthian via ssh and type:
vcgencmd measure_temp

2 Likes

I may not have expressed myself correctly. I meant without a computer. Example: I sat in the park in the sun and want to make music. So without a computer. Only the Zynthian and I :wink:

@gilrain @pau But I will remember the tips.

Best regards …

I use JuiceSSH app on my Android phone, it’s very useful. If you switch on the Zynthian’s wifi hotspot, it also works in the park :wink:

3 Likes

I’m going to try to respond to all your questions, although there will be some guessing or ‘to the best of my knowledge’ which is based on using Zynthian(s) and looking at github.
As pau pointed out you will get a warning symbol in the top line if it overheats.
I do NOT think there is any way to see the actual temp from the Zynthian ‘native’ screen in the current version.
I think it would certainly be ‘possible’, perhaps even not a big deal, although any change has a certain ‘overhead’.
I think this is not a planned change, so it’s good that gilrain gave you a practical way to get the info.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - on a practical level - with the ‘Zynductor’ heat sink in the ‘official’ case I don’t think I’ve ever seen the warning, even in a warm (like 85 to 95F) environment. On my ‘DIY’ Zynthians, running the Zynthian image on a ‘regular’ RPi 4 it has happened, and of course it happens more in a warm place.

2 Likes