The Zynthian Kit v4 has been released!

dumb question, in the web configurator hardware kit "advanced mode"there is a V4 option but if you select it and hit “save” it gives you a 500 internal server error and the unit remains set to V3 Pro. Everything on the V4 seems to work in V3 Pro mode. So is the V4 mode a future thing or am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

confirmed, I have the same issue.

While we’re testing:

When I’m running update (rc2, v4 kit) I’m getting the following error:
/zynthian/zynthian-sys/scripts/epdf_detect.sh: line 7: [: too many arguments

This script needs some quotes as the spaces in the following file are causing problems:
cat /proc/device-tree/hat/product
DAC+ ADC Pro

1 Like

This is an issue for @smiths73v3 :wink:

My fault. I broke things while implementing the headphones output :relaxed:
It should be fixed now. Update software and test …

1 Like

Aha! Works now! Thanks!

My v4 kit received and partially tested, working well…
v4 kit with RPi 4 is a great music box !
Thanks so much

Regards

5 Likes

Promised is debt …
I just implemented per-channel volume and gain controls on the Zynthian UI’s ALSA Mixer.

Update & Enjoy!

11 Likes

I just got it via DHL yesterday. So was 12 days from buying to receiving it in the US. Awesome! Starting to build it now.

4 Likes

Hi all,

I just decided to place an order, but the kits are all gone :-(.
Any idea, when kits are on stock again?

Thanks,
Joepi

We hope to have more kits in a few days … stay tuned!!

Regards!

Kit v4 is available again, but RCA output connectors and mini-jack input connector have gone and will never come back. Long live to 1/4 inch (6.25mm) Jack connectors!

Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks,
just placed the order …

Jörg

Hi @jofemodo,
Does this mean that the hifiberry team has built a customised version of the hat for the zynthian kit ?
Are the footprints and internal wiring of the RCA connectors still alvailable on the hat?

[Edit] I’m so happy that Zynthian V4 Can be out if stock: it demonstrates its succes :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

They are working on it, but it will take a few weeks yet. Current kits include the Hifiberry DAC+ADC PRO modified by hand. We removed the connectors. The foot print is still there … but pin-holes are not usable.

Regards,

Wow ! Fastidious job.

Can you please elaborate: there will be no way anymore to add RCA connectors on the hifiberry hat ?

Thank you for all of this: kind responses, awesome software/hardware

Desoldering is a risky sport, so we preferred to cut de connector pins. Safe, clean and fast. Of course, you could try to remove the pins from the holes, but if you need the RCAs, then you should buy the hifiberry on HB’s shop.
Anyway, Zynthian aluminum case has no RCA connector holes never more, what is better, it’s soundcard-agnostic, given than you remove the connectors from your soundcard, if any.

Regards

Okay thank you for clarification.
All the best.

Somehow I’m happy to have gotten a V4 kit of the first batch with the RCA still in place. I can think of it as something special now :wink:

4 Likes

It’s, in fact, a quite limited edition … 80 units! :wink:

4 Likes