Uploading Files in webconf

What do you think about the following feature?

New webconf menu item under library. Soundfonts?
The screen contains an upload area for gig, sfz or sf2 files.
They are stored under zynthian-my-data/soundfonts.

Guess we need something for the subdirectory structure as well.
I have to figure out first, if fluidsynth can handle subdirectories under /sf2 as well.

So maybe we need a left tree for the directories and a right part for the upload.

4 Likes

This feature is in my list from a long time ago. I really would love to see it implemented. Ohhh yesssss!! :wink:

2 Likes

Checkout SoundfontUpload

3 Likes

I going to provide a renaming feature.
Do we need a Download as well?
I am not sure because of security reason.
The webconf has a login, but most of the time it will be the default password.
And imagine you have a licenced soundfont?

And do we want to integrate this somehow?

1 Like

Musical Artefacts download is possible :slight_smile:

Now I don’t know, if an upload would be useful.
You need an account for that.

3 Likes

Hi @mheidt!

Excuse the “silence”. I was full-time busy moving back from the country side to the city …
I’ve been testing the new soundfont manager and it works perfectly. The Musical Artifacts integrations is woaooooo!! Greaaaaaat!! Congratulations for your huge work!! I love you, man!!! :heart_eyes:

The only detail i see is when renaming soundfonts: you can change the file extension and this is not desirable because Zynthian UI use extensions to find and list the soundfonts, so if you make an error while renaming and change the extension, the soundfont wont be availble in the UI and you would need to rename again to fix the problem. I think it would be better to exclude the extension from the renaming function. Anyway, it’s not a priority task :wink:

I merge with master, but the development of this feature continues in the specific branch.

Regards,

2 Likes

i fixed it…

3 Likes

Hi @mheidt @jofemodo

after hading much trouble with updates, now I got everything up and running from a fresh gorgona image. I had to “apt update && apt upgrade -y” between some update steps. AND I had to fix some lines in /boot/config.txt for getting the new kernel running with MIDI:

# Adjust Serial Port Clock to allow MIDI baudrate 31250
#init_uart_clock=2441000
#init_uart_baud=38400
#dtparam=uart0_clkrate=3000000
dtoverlay=midi-uart0

I also tested the soundfont upload feature. Wow - everything’s working currently really fine! Thanks for your effort the last weeks!!! Nice work!

Regards, Holger

1 Like

Dear all,

sorry for opening this old topic, but I have a question:

Is it possible to change the upload path for records to another location like usb stick?

As I use internal usb stick as music and record storage, I want to be able to just upload music/records without the struggle of usb stick dis-/connection.

Thank you very much

BR Karl

Hi,
If you’re talking of sound recording, zynthian will automaticly detect any usb stick/hdd that is plugged in and use it to store the music you’re producing.
https://wiki.zynthian.org/index.php/Zynthian_UI_Users_Guide#Audio_.26_MIDI_Recording

For transfering files to the pluged in usb stick from a remotr computer, you can use winscp.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer.

I only use linux and android tablets, so I already know how to transfer files via command line.

The point is, that there is already a function to upload files in webconf, but if sd card is full, you cannot upload anything.

With just a little dropdown to choose between mounted usb stcks and sdcard, you would be able to upload more.

I have a buildin usb sd card reader with 128GB sd, and just 16GB sd as boot.

BR Karl

you should ask this as a new feature request on github.

The recording infrastructure with regard to capacity is probably one of the hardest bits of all this to test.
as @le51 says if you go to Github where code hangs out.

Then select New Feature request, people often mistake bugs for feature requests cos it aon’t doing what I want, so it’s a bug… Nope you are requesting a feature. :smiley:

Now you have to get specific cos there’s a template there to help you.

That will be a :face_with_monocle: . . .
And have a conference sticker . . . .

I’ve got loads.

2 Likes

Stick a usb in, record a track. Put usb in computer, copy allthe other wav files to the folder, stick usb back in zynth and play.

exactly.
And if you have permanently the problem that you want to record to the external drive, make the capture directory a symbolic link to your external device.

1 Like

Thank you all for your inputs.

For now, I do not have any Github account, so I asked here.
Maybe I will create an account and make a feature request later.

Thank you all.

KR Karl