Usb foot pedals

I have this really dirt cheap pedal set I bought for not very much money from eBay (I think?) which I would love to be able to use as a midi device for toggling pedals or using with superlooper.

Trouble is, you could do that with midi, but this is not a midi device.

Plugged into my pc, it is recognised as a keyboard. Not a midi keyboard, just a keyboard.

If I open notepad, and press the 3 pedals I see the letters a,b and c. That’s all.

Tbh, I am struggling to even research this because any search term with both keyboard and midi in it means different things than this.

Any ideas?

Absolutely. I happen to have two of them.

The keybinding section in

allows you to use CUIA or key presses to do things . . .

Just plug the footpedal into the zynthian and select the required functionality in the above screen . . . :slight_smile:

If you want to use two foot pedals at the same time simply remap the keys on one of them using the supplied software, which I’ve got if you need it.

2 Likes

Futuristic poems only with the letters a, b and c?

Well look what nature managed with bases…AGCT… …

Ah cool… This thing just keeps getting better! Which actions can I use for superlooper?

Snap! I have one of those pedals too. I like the idea that it simply works like a USB keyboard. No need for drivers & you can use it to control any SW (…if you can remap the keys). I used it with Soundplant to trigger samples during a performance.

Not tried anything with souperlooper. There’s been a bit of discussion about SL but mostly about gui implementation

Ah shame… I want to be gui free and on the floor, because I want to loop live instruments not synths.

I guess I now need some kinda ‘kB -> midi’ truck, maybe?

I’ve got one of those, and there is a linux utility somewhere to reprogram its emitted key values to something else, if you want to go that way

Yeah, but then I need to convert from key press to midi for the superlooper I think.

I am not at home at the moment, but I will look into this again when I am back.

There’s a section in the zynth webconf.

a section in the webconf to map a keypress to superlooper?

No yet. But how would you allocate the pedals?

So the foot switch is currently set to press a b or c like a typing keyboard at the moment… I would like to map those to the “play” “record” and “undo” toggles on the superlooper