V5 is here

Hi @zynthianers!

Good news! Zynthian KIT V5 is here!

You can read the blog post about this;

And visit the shop to buy, ONLY WITH INVITATION:

OK! I’m listening your thoughts: Why is not the shop open to everybody?

Let me explain:

Although we have carefully tested the V5 kit and the building tutorial, we can’t be totally sure of not forgetting something, specially regarding the building tutorial. To avoid headaches, given the huge demand we expect, we prefer to open the shop in a controlled way, so we can react and fix any issue before the ball becomes too big. We don’t want to die of success!

So those of you wanting to buy now and help us to get the feedback we need, please, ask me for an invitation by PM and i will add your email to the list.

Thanks to all of you who help us with comments, ideas and support!
This is only possible because of you!

Enjoy!

12 Likes

Can we get a price with shipping to Canada? That greatly influences whether I want to buy today or in a couple of pay periods. :>

I just sent you an invitation.
Simply follow the buying steps and decide when you see the shipping cost.

1 Like

:upside_down_face: Thanks a lot!!
I want one… to play in Z category… definitively!

Very exciting :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Kudos to @jofemodo !

So, our new shiny devilish sound-machinery is finally here: it looks dramatically sturdier and more refined than before.

The portable music automaton is definitely growing, in size, technical complexity and interface refinement (ah, those coloured buttons, in a grid modularly aligned with the screen; ah, that lovely column of knurled encoders…).

All best wishes to the newborn, and all heartfelt thanks to the remarkable ZynthianLabs people, who have made this possible through countless hours of relentless, passioned and probably afterhours work. :clap: :clap::tada:

2 Likes

Hello! I have build my own zynthian two years ago with an originl raspberry pi 7 inch touch screen and a hifiberry dac 2 pro in a 19 inch abs case. Now i would like to buy a V5 kit. when it is available for me in austria? Thank you very much, BR Josef

1 Like

10 Likes

Gratulations!
Do I need a V5? as my V4 is still running nicely, not really.
Do I want one? Definitely! :wink:

5 Likes

Hi,
I can’t wait to be able to order and be part of the Z community.
I hope the wait won’t be too long.

1 Like

Maybe is a dumb question, but ¿is possible to upgrade a V4 to a V5? ¿Is possible to remove the zynconductor from the raspberry pi cpu without causing any damage?

V4 is still awesome, I will wait to get a V5. But I was thinking that upgrade is better than buy a new one.

If I were you I’d rather sell the V4, it’s a wonderful machine for live concerts, small and with everything you need. IMHO it’s at least as good as the V5 for this use and equally capable as it has the same RPI 4 inside.

V5 is definitely better if you plan to use zynseq with no extra MIDI controllers.

2 Likes

My Zynthian V5 Kit arrived this morning and I just assebled it without any problems. The Assembling instructions are very well writen - great praise :wink:! That was the easy part done…

Now comes configuring the device… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Hi Jofemodo,

Can you send me an invitation?
I will help you with my feedback

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,
Antoine MACCOTTA

1 Like

Sorry @Letoine !

We already sold all units we had for the initial “testing sale”. We are processing feedback and waiting for the next (and much bigger) batch of aluminum cases. We hope to be open by the end of month.

Best Regards,

3 Likes

Configuring the device was easier done then expected. Open the web config tool, navigate through the Hardware-Menue und choose V5 and off you go.

Updating the Software then again was a problem and time consuming. I had the latest pre Software-Version an a SD-Card which worked until I tryed to update the System. Repooting the System gave me a Zynthian ERROR Message (showing the IP). I eventually ended up downloading the newest Software-Version and tryed to “burn” it on to the SD-Card, which failed a couple of times. The only way to capture the Software on the SD-Card, was to directly download an burn via Etcher.

For now, the Zynthian V5 workes just about faultlessly. One problem I have not been able to solve yet, is a very, very low headphone output - you can just abour guess, the signal is there.

My next step ist to learn, how Zynthian V5 works… :innocent:

1 Like

Obvious question but… Have you adjusted the headphone level in the audio levels screen?

Yes, but it does not make any difference.