V5 is here

Configuring the device was easier done then expected. Open the web config tool, navigate through the Hardware-Menue und choose V5 and off you go.

Updating the Software then again was a problem and time consuming. I had the latest pre Software-Version an a SD-Card which worked until I tryed to update the System. Repooting the System gave me a Zynthian ERROR Message (showing the IP). I eventually ended up downloading the newest Software-Version and tryed to “burn” it on to the SD-Card, which failed a couple of times. The only way to capture the Software on the SD-Card, was to directly download an burn via Etcher.

For now, the Zynthian V5 workes just about faultlessly. One problem I have not been able to solve yet, is a very, very low headphone output - you can just abour guess, the signal is there.

My next step ist to learn, how Zynthian V5 works… :innocent:

1 Like

Obvious question but… Have you adjusted the headphone level in the audio levels screen?

Yes, but it does not make any difference.

And, to continue with the obvious questions… you definitely have your headphones plugged into the headphone socket and not any of the main outputs?

Yes, and the other outputs work.

What version of firmware do you have installed? Can you share a capture of the webconf dashboard?

Please perform an update. There was a fix to headphone driver after the image was created. Your version is not up to date.

1 Like

Perfect, thank you. That solved the problem :+1:.

2 Likes

If some Zynthian people want to see in video the process of building the v5 kit :slight_smile:

Enjoy !

5 Likes

Latest https://os.zynthian.org/2023-07-12-zynthianos-staging-2307.zip cannot be open on my computer, I don’t know if it’s me or … (I’ve tested to extract it with another zip software and I have an error too)

And I have another problem, but I cannot access the admin menu on my zynthian. Is there a way to test my unit in some way just to be sure that I did not forget something ? :slight_smile:

OS version is from two days ago (before your last release)

Thank you for your work !

Fantastic video, thanks! I was waiting for that satisfying removal of the screen protector at the end of the video… but it never came! :smile:

1 Like

What happens when you press the menu button?

I tried yesterday with staging from 12.7.2023 and it worked for my Z5…

Ahah solved !

3 Likes

When I press the “opt/admin” it goes to “midi recorder”

Have you configured in webconf to use V5 profile?

Yes :