Van Halen - Jump

But thu UI says:

A bit tricky at 40,000 feet :yum:. I am aiming to have a device back together and time to play with it at Christmas. Maybe I can submit some jingle jump riffs then.

1 Like

Are you sure, that you updated and that you selected oxbd?

You have to select the engine on the preset manager main page. It’s the dropbox at top-left

Thanx, i´ve got it.
But thats not the Jump-Sound. It sounds a bit like a cembalo.

It is correct, that van Halen uses the OBX and perhaps it´s possible to programm that on the zynthian obxd-engine. Perhaps it´s difficult.

I will try a sample …:wink:

This is a sample of my Kronos-Jump-Sound.
Though I cannot hear the samples in polyphone (it only makes noise & distortion),
I couldn´t make loops. You hear, that the bass-sound is retriggert during the first C.
And there artifacts from other things.

But it sounds more like the OBX,I think.
If the prob with polyphone is solved, I will continue working at this sound.

Jump-Sound.sf2 (7.1 MB)

2nd try with longer samples, better sound

4 Likes

It seems that Christmas came early - well I had a day to get over jet-lag and played with the Zynth so here is Jumpmas…

Obxd D-Bells 1 lW. Maybe @wyleu will give me a grace period to finish building my kitchen before the next demand.
I have just updated and noticed that the"StevenGrace" bank of Obxd patches appears twice twice in the list. I guess this is unintentional.

Excellent !!

Be very careful! I might have to come and check this kitchen out in person, I have parents in your neck of the woods that are itching for a visit ! & I am in need of church bell recordings, so you have been warned … !!! :smiley:

I, also, use too many exclamation marks.

I saw this in Melbourne and thought of you…

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The OP-x Pro VSt by Sonic Projects has an amazing “famous presets” soundbank. I’ll have a go converting these to the OB-Xd and will share.

3 Likes

Here is my entry.

First the real deal then my proposal.

Obxd - tal chorus - tal reverb - tiny bit of eq in daw.

It’s not perfect but close.

If I were to work a bit on finding the right reverb and eq-ing the top end a bit more I could get closer.

What do you think?

3 Likes

The first passage is spot on, the drum beats is a lovely touch, Perhaps the second phrase is a little bit too accordion, but in my view ( which as we all know is the only one that counts), its the best yet!!

Haha

No no. The fist passage is from the song, just for comparison.

The second passage is my snapshot.

1 Like

And I think, the end is a little wrong. second last f in bass?
its C/F Gsus4…
no the third…c - f -a, still c in bass

Yeah I heard it. Just had to run out the door :slight_smile:

Updated version later today.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn this is a rabbit hole.

Here is iteration nr.2

ATH! The first one is reference the second one is mine.

This is two Obdx’s together.

Could you share snapshot files?

Í cheated just a bit.