Van Halen - Jump

Jump.zss (26.5 KB)

thanks.

@jofemodo, maybe we should automatically enable jalvs, if they ǵet loaded?

I get this
ERROR:zynthian_gui_layer: Invalid snapshot: ‘JV/YK Chorus’
Feb 16 12:06:10 zynthian startx[8568]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Feb 16 12:06:10 zynthian startx[8568]: File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngui/zynthian_gui_layer.py”, line 720, in load_snapshot
Feb 16 12:06:10 zynthian startx[8568]: engine=self.zyngui.screens[‘engine’].start_engine(lss[‘engine_nick’])
Feb 16 12:06:10 zynthian startx[8568]: File “/home/pi/zynthian-ui/zyngui/zynthian_gui_engine.py”, line 131, in start_engine
Feb 16 12:06:10 zynthian startx[8568]: info=self.engine_info[eng]
Feb 16 12:06:10 zynthian startx[8568]: KeyError: ‘JV/YK Chorus’

1 Like

You also have to clone channels 1 and 2 if that is not included in the snapshot

Yes, it should. Have to check.
But when I loaded it after the third time.
I get this one as well
DEBUG:zynthian_engine: Command: /usr/local/bin/jalv urn:juce:TalReverb
Feb 16 12:17:55 zynthian startx[1324]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_jalv: Plugin Name => Tal-Reverb
Feb 16 12:17:55 zynthian startx[1324]: DEBUG:zynthian_engine_jalv: Jack Name => Tal-Reverb-02
Feb 16 12:17:55 zynthian startx[1324]: INFO:zynthian_engine_jalv: No defined MIDI controllers for ‘Tal-Reverb’.
Feb 16 12:17:55 zynthian startx[1324]: INFO:zynthian_engine_jalv: Getting Controller List from LV2 Plugin …
Feb 16 12:17:55 zynthian startx[1324]: INFO:zynthian_engine_jalv: Getting Preset List from LV2 Plugin …
Feb 16 12:17:55 zynthian startx[1324]: INFO:zynthian_engine_jalv: Getting Bank List from LV2 Plugin …
Feb 16 12:17:55 zynthian startx[1324]: ERROR:zynthian_autoconnect: ZynAutoConnect ERROR: OrderedDict mutated during iteration

This snapshot has SingeChannelMode activated.
I get hagging nodes. SingleChannelMode and cloning layers, doesn’t work.
You can remove the SingleChannelMode parameter in the webconf.

and good work. It’s better than the Jump preset…but why did you make the comparison? There is still room for improvement :slight_smile:

I’m not sure whether to be pleased or insulted. . . . :laughing: . . .

1 Like

Thank you!

There’s always room for improvement. But I think three octaves of sawtooth, a bit of chorus and some reverb is the way to go.

The drone element isn’t as, and here we get into real namespace problems, ‘smooth’ as the original, is the thing I notice first.

and thats’ a lot of reverb :slight_smile:

I think the bass and the chords are two separate takes.

Agreed.

1 Like

I might find some time to make another engine for the bassline and split the midi track tonight.

:slight_smile:

Further down the rabbithole

It really is one of the first really joyous polysynth breaks. . . The Poly mini moog that the polymoog never was. . . :pleading_face:

Poly want a cracker … . . :parrot:

2 Likes

I submitted the following:

Single channel mode and cloning works for me

Try to send Midi Channel 11 and use your snapshot (still being on 1 and 2 (copied to 1))

Roger

:slight_smile:

So you have hanging nodes as well?

Don’t know.

Can’t try it now.

I was using channel 1 in the DAW and cloning ch 1 to ch 2 and vice versa in Zynthian.

Worked like a charm

and i had hanging nodes even with one layer…might be unrelated