I opened a ticket: subfolders support for MIDI files · Issue #1776 · zynthian/zynthian-issue-tracking · GitHub
Vangelis runs good on my V5.1, except when I select “clean”, it strats to clean chains and sequences and stucks on “cleaning chain”, and I need to turn it off via the switch. This doesn’t happen every time though, maybe 2 out of 5 times.
Antoher thing that I noticed is that the radio glitches in a strange way - changes station on its own.
If clean is hanging, please report an issue using webconf “Report Issue” button. We garner some useful info about config, version, etc. from that method and the ticket then gets triaged and scheduled for attention. It would be good to capture the logs for that issue, e.g. go to webconf INTERFACE->UI Log.
I have never had radio player change channel by itself. I wonder if there is a hardware issue with one of your encoders? Knob 3 is a prev/next so if that is triggering, the channel could change.
Just FYI, I saw this a couple times, though I was fiddling with installation and removal of soundfonts, and it wasn’t repeatable. I’ll be on the lookout for any sequence of operations that might cause it.
Hi folks,
I have a DYI Zynthian with GPIO direct wired encoders/switches(early version 4 knobs/switches) and serial midi on GPIO. I had all working great with ORAM image but with the new Vangelis image has an error on zyncoder initializing with my wiring config and the rotary encoders and switches stop working. The UI log error is “ZynCore->setup_behaviour_zyncoder(0, …): Invalid index!”.
I know the software has been developed for all the Zynthian kit hardware features but I was really hoping to keep my DYI Zynthian on Vengelis and test the new features further. The VNC UI works fine. Here is my config, wiring and error log.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve had problems with the hifiberry DAC + ADC PRO settings .
I’m running the cajon as
hifiberry DAC + ADC.
This may be a factor.
It’s not online at the moment so I can’t post my setup.
What kind of problems do you have? I’ve got the DAC2 ADC Pro using the same overlay and would be interested if I have these as well.
I couldn’t get it to actually load and it failed like a traditional sulky audio device which bring a zynth to it’s knees. Your problem sounds considerably further than this in the process so I doubt it’s a factor, but it seemed wise to mention the coincidence. Apologies if I got your hopes up…
AS to your overall objective. I run a fair few home built, amused and abused zynths and I am transitioning them to the trixie build of Vangelis. They have all been running the previous Vangelis for some considerable time.
The zynthian-cajon7 & zynthian-rack8 are now both Trixie derivative. And seem to be behaving…
Issues seems more related to avialbaility of engines and the intricacies of lv2 configs… MiMiD is one of the chains I’m using so I’m watching those developments with some interest.
I have a couple of machines ( both Pi3’s ) which are pure encoder GIO machines so I will fire these up and see if they play nicely. I have had problems with previous GPIO encoder rigs upon PI kernel changes so we shall see… ( may not be within the next week…).
It’s worth plugging in a qwerty keyboard and seeing if everything behaves using that as a debug control source…
(EDIT: Previously postet in the Mimid chat, but these are performix presets)
Just updated a moment ago and the update produced the following issue:
Regenerating engines DB: engines ...
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_transition.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/stutter_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/stutter_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/stutter_noise_rvb.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raised_stutter_lp.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raised_stutter_lp.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raised_stutter_lp.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/DEFAULT_NO_FX_LOOPER.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/DEFAULT_NO_FX_LOOPER.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/DEFAULT_NO_FX_LOOPER.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/manifest.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/manifest.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/manifest.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/DEFAULT_NO_FX.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/DEFAULT_NO_FX.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/DEFAULT_NO_FX.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raiser_saturated_low_pass.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raiser_saturated_low_pass.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raiser_saturated_low_pass.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/stutter_noise_rvb_stereo.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/stutter_noise_rvb_stereo.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/stutter_noise_rvb_stereo.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_reverb.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_reverb.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/high_pass_reverb.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raiser_low_pass.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raiser_low_pass.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/raiser_low_pass.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_w_noise.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_w_noise.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_w_noise.ttl/manifest.ttl
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up.ttl/manifest.ttl'
lilv_world_load_bundle(): error: Error reading file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up.ttl/manifest.ttl
Don’t know how the update script triggers searching for these paths, but they are indeed nonsense, because there is a ttl in a ttl. But the files before that /manifest.ttl suffix (e.g. /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl) are indeed there.
seen similar…
error: failed to open file /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up.ttl/manifest.ttl (Not a directory)
lilv_world_load_file(): error: Error loading file `file:///zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets/pitch_it_up.ttl/manifest.ttl’
Don’t know about pitch_it_up… Not conciously used it for anything and this was a pretty vanilla Trixie . . . .
lilv is the library that zynthian uses to access LV2 info. Its path is defined by the environmental variable LV2_PATH. Check that this has not gotten corrupted. On my V5 it is thus:
echo $LV2_PATH
/usr/lib/lv2:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lv2:/usr/local/lib/lv2:/usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets:/zynthian/zynthian-data/presets/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/lv2
(venv) root@zynthian-rack8:~# echo $LV2_PATH
/usr/lib/lv2:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lv2:/usr/local/lib/lv2:/usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets:/zynthian/zynthian-data/presets/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/lv2
(venv) root@zynthian-rack8:~#
(venv) root@hannes-zynthian:~# echo $LV2_PATH
/usr/lib/lv2:/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lv2:/usr/local/lib/lv2:/usr/local/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-data/presets/lv2:/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/lv2
Maybe it is a faulty ttl that is pointing to the wrong location.
I mean, wasn’t the /zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets location just introduced very recently?
(venv) root@hannes-zynthian:/zynthian/zynthian-plugins/lv2-presets# ls -la
total 108
drwxrwxr-x 2 root root 4096 Sep 4 13:50 .
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Sep 12 14:28 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7912 Sep 4 12:16 DEFAULT_NO_FX_LOOPER.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7905 Sep 4 12:16 DEFAULT_NO_FX.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8054 Sep 4 12:16 high_pass_reverb.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8035 Sep 4 12:16 high_pass_transition.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 2407 Sep 4 12:16 manifest.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7998 Sep 4 12:16 pitch_it_up_noise_rvb.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7949 Sep 4 12:16 pitch_it_up.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7988 Sep 4 12:16 pitch_it_up_w_noise.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8036 Sep 4 12:16 raised_stutter_lp.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 8014 Sep 4 12:16 raiser_low_pass.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7965 Sep 4 12:16 raiser_saturated_low_pass.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7998 Sep 4 12:16 stutter_noise_rvb_stereo.ttl
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 7976 Sep 4 12:16 stutter_noise_rvb.ttl
This is wrong! You shouldn’t have these TTL files lying out in the lv2-presets directory. TTLs MUST always be inside a bundle directory.
Did you installed some package by hand? Perfomix?
The Perfomix presets should be installed inside its own folder “Perfomix_Default.preset.lv2”.
Regards
No, I did not and I didn’t even use Performix ever.
Should I try moving these files to a newly created folder “Perfomix_Default.preset.lv2” manually?
(Edit: in fact doing this ended in not showing the error message anymore.)
Ok but still there is this question:
With this commit it seems the lv2 preset path was changed:
But still all the presets for the mentioned engines (including Performix) are in zynthian-my-data/presets still.
(venv) root@hannes-zynthian:/zynthian/zynthian-my-data/presets/lv2# ls -la
total 152
drwxr-xr-x 38 root root 4096 Aug 1 23:02 .
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 Jan 27 2026 ..
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 dexed-DCDCollection.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 DrMr_Sampler_presets.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 fabla_hydrogen_presets.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_C.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_D.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_E.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_F.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_G.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Osirus_Rom_H.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_A.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_B.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_C.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_D.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_E.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_F.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_G.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_H.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_I.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_J.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_K.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_L.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_M.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_N.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_O.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_P.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_Q.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_R.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_S.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_T.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_U.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_V.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_W.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_X.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 OsTIrus_TI2_Rom_Y.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 zynthian zynthian 4096 Aug 24 18:50 Perfomix_Default.preset.lv2
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 18:50 vaporizer2-presets.lv2
How is this intended?
I don’t know the reason because Perfomix, Dexed and fabla presets were not moved to the right way. This is done by the update system automatically, but probably it didn’t work in your case.
Anyway, the Osirus & Ostirus presets will be leave in the old location. It’s the LV2 binary who create the presets there, so we can’t change this without changing the plugin source code , rebuilding the plugins, etc.
Regards,
Provably the presets are only moved if an engine is updated and therefore the prebuild install script is triggered. But this was the case for performix which was updated recently, and it left me with its presets in the old and the (wrong) new location.


