Webradio player

I did a fork to play backing tracks, with comments, and added speed control.
Will post in a separate thread.

The station names can be shown when selected. I will revise and post.

Here’s the revised radio pd file renamed as
iNetRadio.zip (10.8 KB)

I added five more stations and station names. Selecting the tenth station turns off the streaming.

5 Likes

Very pleasant. Occasional drop out and a little slow in responsiveness to station changes, but I’m sure that’s to be expected. Had it running for over an hour and a half of peaceful piano and only one splat in that period . DAB has done far worse on a thundery day.

Might be an idea to track the implementation of the audioplayer as many of the functions are similar in the two, and a common implementation would unify and simplify audio stream presentation.

Pleasant is the term.
Wonderful arrangement of the boxes in puredata makes a beautiful quarter of a star !

A post was split to a new topic: Spotifyd on zynthian

I like the ability to play internet radio on my Zynthian. It is super cool - well done to everyone involved in this. I would suggest we create an engine for this so that you can add it to a chain without tying up pure data. (PD was a good tool to work up this proof-of-concept but is limited, e.g. does not support text/strings well.) If I find time I may look at doing so.

I was listening to Vigin 1970s Rock yesterday for quite a while until it went to the news, in Italian!

1 Like

Add the ability to load up stations from a link via the webconf page as uploads.?

This looks really exciting.
Congratulations @reg & @ronsum .
I will give it a try next week when I will be back home

Record & Play on Parameter Page & an appropriate playing graphic on the Audio Mixer Chain.

Record & Play
Would allow stream to be turned off rather than have the radio running on a 0 gain fader in the mixer and consuming resource.

So a similar Green arrow in chain 8 to the Audio Player instance running ( but not making any sound at the moment) in Chain 9

Presumably station ident details where autoplayer puts the waveform?

A very welcome addition!

What about a naitive engine like this?

inet_radio

I knocked this together at the weekend, inspired by the work done here. It allows selection of streams from the preset list which can be catagorised with the bank list. Volume can be edged up / down and steam stopped and started. It supports mp3, aac, pls, m3u streams and probably others.

This dev depends on some changes in the audio player development branch so I can’t make it available until we merge that into testing… but that may be soon.
[Edit] Actually - I have created a development branch for this so you can try it if you really feel brave! There is no guarantee that it will be accepted as a pucker Zynthian module - that depends on our glorious leader and maybe your lobbying.

What do you think? Worth having?

7 Likes

It is such a joy to have an internet radio that if so selected starts up on the zynthian from scratch and provides on the chain control in the mixer the ability to turn it to a level, and mute selection on another.

IT’s a great joy to get back to a radio device that doesn’t require GUI dexterity to operate it.

Now, of course, in recognition of the deeply subversive list @riban has presented can we operate the zynthian the other way?

Transmit Radio Goodie playing nothing but walk in the black forest parts one and two for ever more . . . ?

I can’t edit my old posts, too few privileges I guess.
Here’s a new version, based on latest ronsum’s one, with added play/stop control and playback speed control just for fun :smiley:
iNetRadio.zip (118.9 KB)

1 Like

This seems really neat !
I hope it gets to testing and main soon :slight_smile:

Very nice. Play along, just listen or let it play on stage while on break. Your Internet Radio Engine has my vote.

how to add other iNetRadio stations?

Hello,
Well, I dug back into this from my phone, and it’s not as easy as I would like to edit the stations.
If I miss nothing, and as it is now, the easiest way is to modify the .pd file with the pure:data software to add/edit the webradios’ stream links, and the .yaml with a text editor to make available the name of the stations in the right amount and order.

I hope I, or more likely someone else will look again into this, and try to make a simple text file to store the stations. This would probably ease the realization of Wileu’s idea of a link in the web interface to edit the stations.

If this can help somehow, here’s a bash radio player doing all this (scroll for english read-me) :

1 Like

Hey @riban ! :]
What about your native engine project ?

I didn’t find the branch, it may have disappeared since May 22…

May I start testing your thing ?

Hi @reg!

The branch is called feature/internet_radio and is still there but very old / out of date. I was fairly pleased with it at the time but there was very little interest in progressing it, especially from @jofemodo who maybe thought this a trivial distraction / bloat - with which I can quite agree :smile:.

From memory there is a config file that defines the stations which are selected as presets, grouped / catagorised in preset banks. I am a bit busy at the moment but maybe if a there was significant interest in this then someone might bring it up to date, i.e. merge current stable / testing into this branch and make sure it works.

[Edit] I have merged current testing into the feature/internet_radio branch. I have not tested this but you could check it out and test. Good luck!

3 Likes

Yes, I agree too…

Maybe there could be a “bloat” submenu. I can’t imagine how much work it represents, so feel free to let it go. :S

At (not so) worst, one can still use the above-linked bash script by ssh, I’ll try it again and report its status here.

About the native engine, thanks for the info and your proposal, it could be my autodidactisism to github pull-merge-push. And then we’ll see where it goes…