WiFi configuration menu

I to all people !!!..for Fernado…in the new’ SD image it will be a good idea to add a menu to configure the wifi of the PI3 (or the PI2 with a wifi key)
In this way the system are easily configured and always “on line” to fast upgrade…also for the new MOD-UI Pc connection…
What do you think???

Thanks

Fabrizio

1 Like

Hi Fabrizio!

Great idea! Introducing the wifi password would be too complex from the zynthian UI, so i’m thinking about adding a little configuration tool using the web UI. I think this will be the best option.

Regards!

2 Likes

Ok thank you very much!!!
The configuration from web UI is a good idea!!!

Fabrizio

Seems like a good first step would be adding wpasupplicant, no?

Of course. It’s recommended step for using WIFI with Zynthian :wink:

OK; it’s just, I was going to write a whole post on this forum about how to load wpasupplicant into the SD card manually because wpasupplicant wasn’t installed in my copy of Gorgona. :frowning:

2 Likes

Please, do it! :wink:

There are some little problems related to the RBPi3 Wifi chipset, so i hope you can solve it and share the solution with us. If you can bring a shell script, better :wink:

Regards!

1 Like

is my write-up of what I did to get it working for me. I have read a bunch of things on the web from quite a while ago about how people couldn’t get the chipset wifi up and running, but they appear to have remedied these problems in the associated Debian package?

Maybe you can tell me your experience otherwise–but I was able to get the onboard wifi working just fine.