ZynAddSubFX: loading .xmz files possible?

Hi,
Some time ago i made some patches for live performance In a band, recreating a special session with zynaddsubfx engine… actually i had to save those patches in kmz… (zyn call them “parameters”) because of multi-instrument setup (as shown in picutre) … There are chances to load kmz in zynthian’s zynaddsubfx? By now i loose the power of those multitimbral patches… (there are keyboard splits, panning… etc…) Theoretically it’s a recall of a complex setup the engine is able to manage already in the same environment of single instrument, using Simply more than One slot as usual… Obviously in this case kmz must Be prepared outside zynthian… but result could be really powerful…
The single instrument loading points on that panel structure, filling only first slot.
Maybe the MOD version could carry on kmz, but you know it’s a matter of speed and cpu load… and native engine could be a better place… :wink:

What about?

1 Like

Like you can transpose different midi channels, Fernando planned to do a volume setup. A midi split would be easy as well.
And furthermore he wants to break the per-midi-channel restriction and wants to offer it per layer.
So we need to wait for that before we can think of a nice UI for it.

Hi, in fact i didn’t focus on What could be possible to reproduce in zynthian ui (and subsystem) but pointed on zynaddsubfx multitimbral Power itself. Also for a particular reason: Can play its multitimbral patches and use Just One instance of It. (Such as a soundfont with multiple samples) Tell me if i’m wrong, but doing multi layer / Channel in zynthian, by now means loading each engine’s instance for each sound…even if i choose sounds of same synth. which is such a waste of Cpu Power…

I’m not sure how zynthian exposes the zasfx instance, but I think you’re talking about .xmz (Xml Master Zynaddsubfx parameters). I forget if zynthian provides a simple enough means to establish the OSC port of a zasfx, but if it does, then you would be able to connect up the full gui and load/save the .xmz files pretty trivially.

1 Like

oh… xmz, not kmz, sorry, you’re right :slight_smile:
anyway i can only imagine how much could be trivial, if only i had an idea where to put hands on :frowning:

Hi @ivanmonterosso!

Zynthian run only one instance of ZynAddSubFX. All the ZASFX layers are executed by this single instance, as different “parts”.

Currently, Zynthian doesn’t support loading of parameters (xmz) files. Only instrument files (xiz) are supported right now. Anyway, ZynAddSubFX has a very powerful OSC interface that can be used for controlling almost every aspect/feature of ZASFX, so please, open an “issue” in the github repository and i will see how to integrate this feature. I also think that could be an interesting add :wink:

Regards,

Wow!! this is a good news :slight_smile: … and is it the same with linuxsampler /fluidsynth instances… ?

Anyway thanks, will open an issue on github regarding xmz :wink:

Of course! Only one instance for every engine.:sunglasses:
I’m thinking about the best way of implementing the XMZ loading feature …

Regards,

1 Like

OK! I’ve implemented a first version of XMZ parameters file loading. Also XSZ (scales) and XLZ (midi learning).

It’s not finished. It only will create the first layer in Zynthian UI, so if your XMZ have more than 1 part, you only will see 1 in Zynthian UI, although the parts will be created. I’ve to add the code that parse the created parts and create the corresponding layers in Zynthian UI. Next step :wink:

Enjoy!

1 Like

that’s great :slight_smile: for give it a try, what i have to do? usual update or a pull somewhere?

ok ifound… :slight_smile: … tried and it’s amazing. being not finished, do you prefer i don’t mark any bug? or could be useful to you ?maybe you already know some. let me know

Please, mark all the bugs you found!! :wink:

ok :grin:

Well actually by now i found just an error.
If recalling a xmz after another, zynthian mutes, or better, hangs.
thru ssh i must stop zynthian and restart it. But i noticed this:
cleaning up layer slots before recalling another xmz, does the job.
Apart this, it’s great. maybe a really powerful way to manage zasfx thru zynthian

you fixed it, right? i updated and everything works :slight_smile:

No. I didn’t fix it, but perhaps got fixed as a side effect of other changes :wink:
Could you test again?

Regards!

oops… it’s true… issue returned back… ok :slight_smile: