Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

No, You are Floreted…

Out of the frying pan and into the fire! :confounded:

I didn’t change the date again because Sunday’s match is on pay TV but we certainly can move it.

Further investigation tells me kick off is at 5pm.

I thought for a moment you meant PPV, @riban, which would have made me immediately want to boycott, whilst chucking some money in the following pot :-

but of course, you meant sky.

Anyway, as you were… show must go on, etc…

See you at the real 7pm!

1 Like

At 19:00 Universal Zynthian Time we congregated to exchange opinions and observations including but not exclusively:

• Saunas can make good recording booths
  • What is your favourite Muppet’s Christmas song?
  • Trees falling in storms is sad but there is joy to be had by watching dog walkers glued to their mobile phones being saved from walking into felled trees by their woke dogs
  • Peregrine falcons preying on pigeons mid-flight is amazing, unless you are about to complete level 32 of Angry Birds
  • Doctor Who is great!
  • Some can’t contain their excitement at Vital synth, even though it is not yet available for Raspberry Pi, nor indeed anything - looks good though!
  • Trump tweets Leeds United fan by mistake
  • Video games should never have progressed beyond Galaxian (maybe Galaga, its sequel) and some think that the progress from Pong was too much
  • Tasmota is a firmware for ESP8266 that allows interfacing with home automation (amongst other things)
  • Pedalino piques some interests and has a Hackaday write-up
  • Which country do you associate with garish Christmas light displays?
  • Don’t mention the football
  • There are some interesting MIDI controllers available
  • MPE was discussed at length:
    • Is it required?
    • How useful / playable are the (expensive) MPE controllers such as Continuum and Linnstrument?
    • We spent some time designing our ideal MPE controller, as a thought experiment - who has the time, money and inclination to build such a thing???
    • Does Zynthian (Stage mode) support MPE? We have dispatched our antipodean agent to investigate
  • Does MIDI 2 provide tangible, desirable benefit? We concluded that until there was a real life need for its features it is probably just a side interest
  • Imagine changing patches by sparking two wires together like you were hot wiring a car

Absentees were noted and have been added to the list.

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: MPE: MIDI Polyphonic Expression

That’s what I thought as well. But our is extremely bad. Too small.
Trombone, Saxophone…evertyhing is recorded too well, so that you hear every clicking and smacking.

Clicking I understand but smacking … ?

Sax foreplay

3 Likes

:heart:Let’s talk about sax, baby, :heart:

:crazy_face::+1:

Universal Zynthian Time :rofl: Thanks for the write up, sorry I couldn’t make it.

@riban, your succinctness and accuracy, yet chock full of wit, of meeting notes is truly astounding! Well done. A perfect example of a written :face_with_monocle:!

1 Like

Shall we do it again? How about Monday 7th December 2020, 19:00 UZT?

1 Like

@MrBroccoli It’s Mon 7th.

Cheers… Ok… Monday 7th sounds good…

Corral the ravens, re-stock the dungeon hand-sanitisers and warm up the countdown!

Hand-sanitizers are stocked with rook soup until proper refills are available. The countdown has been set and running for several days. https://ronfsum.wixsite.com/zynthclub

2 Likes

Soups Up!!

Timey whimey . . . . :smiley:

A rather eclectic and a touch worrisome night at the clubhouse.

• Swings, bicycles, roller skates and combine harvesters led to a full rendition of the JCB song and echos of Steeleye Span.
  • Network audio was discussed particularly the concern for failure modes. Can we get to a Zynthernet?
  • Would such a network provide the last bastion of civilised communication after the apocalypse when even ravens were out of service?
  • Looking forward to the Zynthian Christmas album.
  • Someone returned from looking for oil in the North Sea - I don’t think he found it
  • More Christmas plans made for a communal viewing of James Bond movies - probably all watching different movies
  • Preliminary planning for the Zynthian Christmas pantomime (a quintessentially British affair) with the panto villain, Timey Whimey playing the banjo.
  • Vital was revisited with some members notably distracted, installing and playing with it - rather resource hungry so don’t hold your breath for a Zynthian version
  • The guts of an Amstrad PPC640 have been removed to make space for a mega Zynthian with Raspberry Pi farm
  • Red Hat reputedly broke hats
  • There was some garbled talk of mod-whiskey but I think it derived from too much imbibing
  • Company tee-shirts were exposed
  • The concept of demonstrations and improved OOBE was discussed. It was proven empirically that a snapshot will load on a Zynthian even if the required engines are not exposed, e.g. disabled in webconf. This is good!
  • 200MB broadband is of limited benefit if you only have 75/100 baud link within your premises
  • Korg Volca can be updated to FM at a small cost
  • Ladies bike doing wheelies on Hitler’s grave seemed to make someone smile
  • A variety of drum pads can be created from bits of old tube, foam, double sided sticky tape, etc.
8 Likes