Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Okay, let’s have a meet with plenty of notice. I suggest Thursday 12th November at 19:00 UTC. If anyone has a different preference let us know.

Wait… That’s 7 o’clock in the UK now, right?

It’s 7 o’clock everywhere under my new single timezone regime.

1 Like

Why wasn’t I told…???

and Broccolli I’m watching you… How would thirty or so hours of good old fashioned British vegetable preparation suit you …?

1 Like

That’s MrBroccoli to you :crazy_face::+1:

1 Like

Hello… ??

Kitchen…?

Good.

Yes, Very…

Rook & Vegetable soup I think . . .

No, Just Broccolli . . .

1 Like

Sorry - Something important has come up - England vs Ireland international football game on Thursday so let’s move this to Sunday 15th November 2020, 19:00 UTC.

1 Like

Do you not realise how that affects the caterers…? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I heard the crow was off…

So…? It’s never worried us before… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Are you sub again…?

I will be on the bench… on a bench.

I just realized… Zynthclub was postponed from the date England were playing a friendly against Ireland’s B team, to the date that England are playing the best international team in the world , Belgium, in an actual competition. I’m conflicted.

No, You are Floreted…

Out of the frying pan and into the fire! :confounded:

I didn’t change the date again because Sunday’s match is on pay TV but we certainly can move it.

Further investigation tells me kick off is at 5pm.

I thought for a moment you meant PPV, @riban, which would have made me immediately want to boycott, whilst chucking some money in the following pot :-

but of course, you meant sky.

Anyway, as you were… show must go on, etc…

See you at the real 7pm!

1 Like

At 19:00 Universal Zynthian Time we congregated to exchange opinions and observations including but not exclusively:

• Saunas can make good recording booths
  • What is your favourite Muppet’s Christmas song?
  • Trees falling in storms is sad but there is joy to be had by watching dog walkers glued to their mobile phones being saved from walking into felled trees by their woke dogs
  • Peregrine falcons preying on pigeons mid-flight is amazing, unless you are about to complete level 32 of Angry Birds
  • Doctor Who is great!
  • Some can’t contain their excitement at Vital synth, even though it is not yet available for Raspberry Pi, nor indeed anything - looks good though!
  • Trump tweets Leeds United fan by mistake
  • Video games should never have progressed beyond Galaxian (maybe Galaga, its sequel) and some think that the progress from Pong was too much
  • Tasmota is a firmware for ESP8266 that allows interfacing with home automation (amongst other things)
  • Pedalino piques some interests and has a Hackaday write-up
  • Which country do you associate with garish Christmas light displays?
  • Don’t mention the football
  • There are some interesting MIDI controllers available
  • MPE was discussed at length:
    • Is it required?
    • How useful / playable are the (expensive) MPE controllers such as Continuum and Linnstrument?
    • We spent some time designing our ideal MPE controller, as a thought experiment - who has the time, money and inclination to build such a thing???
    • Does Zynthian (Stage mode) support MPE? We have dispatched our antipodean agent to investigate
  • Does MIDI 2 provide tangible, desirable benefit? We concluded that until there was a real life need for its features it is probably just a side interest
  • Imagine changing patches by sparking two wires together like you were hot wiring a car

Absentees were noted and have been added to the list.

6 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: MPE: MIDI Polyphonic Expression

That’s what I thought as well. But our is extremely bad. Too small.
Trombone, Saxophone…evertyhing is recorded too well, so that you hear every clicking and smacking.

Clicking I understand but smacking … ?