Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

This Monday ? 22nd 19:00 . .

Are we going weekly? Ok

I think he is trying to make up for the ones he missed :grin:.

1 Like

By popular request there is yet another Zynth Club tonight at 19:00 UTC. Usual place, usual suspects. Keyser Sƶze may even attend!

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to attend, but Iā€™m afraid I have to spend the night debugging somethingā€¦
The engineer inside me cries ā€œnot againā€, while the masochist on the other side just says ā€œyes pleaseā€ā€¦

I was a pleasant evening attended with a prodominantly British quorate with representation from the USA (which I still feel is part of the empire :wink: ). In no particular order and without any particular order we discussed:

• Canals and their soothing effect on the soul
  • Unconsiderate parking, bananas and exhaust pipes
  • African male choirs
  • Brian Enoā€™s impact on a wide range of muscians
  • Aesopā€™s Fables
  • USB latency used to be suspect but is probably fine on a RPi4
  • Zyncoder source code - here be dragons!
  • How a spaceman makes noise
  • Do coders add more insults if forced to go back and document their code?
  • Python is in everything. I think I heard of a synth with it in.
  • Multi-cloud is todayā€™s buzzword (sounds like an episode of Sesame Street)
  • Companies do the Okey-Cokey with services - outsource, insource, shake them all about
  • Why do AWS think I owe them 69p?
  • NowTV (UK streaming service run by Fox Corp) wonā€™t run unless it has contact with its advertising agency
  • Jamulus can be good and can be a pita
  • Is Jamkazamā€™s business model fair? - do they have a sufficiently valuable service yet?
  • What technologies and businesses will drive advances in Internet connectivity that live audio may benefit from?
  • Elon Musk is a bit odd
  • Coke heads at work are no fun for the rest of us
  • What is news? What is the BBC? Where has all the trust gone?
  • Do people cherrry-pick what they want to see / read / believe and position themseleves in echo chambers which reinforces existing opinion rather than informs and challenges? Facebook is not a source of news!!!
  • Canals - again!
  • @wyleu is moving - he shouldnā€™t have posted pictures of his house on the web for stalkers to find him - will the new castle have dungeons and battlements?
  • Behringer audio interfaces and mixers are very affordable and can be pretty good
  • Apple dropped the headphone jack and before that only provided USB on the iMac (this is not news - just reminiscence)
  • A myriad of uses were described of using an iPad with Zynthian
  • Viaducts are great! Especially ones with canals running over them
  • There are programs on TV about men on canals
  • Can we shine things onto buildings

We attempted a jamming session using Jamulus which was mostly a technical solution session. We did had four participants. I wrote some details in this thread but in summary we did get Zynthian directly connected to Jamulus but the whole experience (even using the desktop client) was painful and wouldnā€™t be much fun in a rehearsal session.

3 Likes

Monday evenning is definetly the worst moment in the week for me. Heavy days at work each mondays and tuesdays + kid at home monday evenningā€¦

Iā€™m funs of canalboating .-)

The reference came up relating to a viaduct but I thought I would tie it back in with a themeā€¦ I did see footage of someone travelling in a dingy across a bridge in New South Wales due to extreme flooding.

To those nay-sayers who were dismissing the BBC for lack of interesting content last night, I was just recommended this by a colleague. Sorry - only avaliable to BBC licence fee payers in the UK but is the kind of programming that make me want to pay for the BBC.

1 Like

When they get it right the results are frequently superb. A script is frequently a required characteristicā€¦

Ahem. First shown over 40 years ago.

Anyone up for a mid-week socially distanced chat? Tuesday or Wednesday this week?

1 Like

Rebel! Yes.

Can do, if the pub doesnā€™t find me first.

Any preference between Tuesday or Wednesday?

Iā€™m busy on Wednesday eveningā€¦

Okay, Zynthian Club House will open its doors at the earlier time of 18:30 UTC on Tuesday 13th April 2021. That is half past seven in the evening in the UK.

Nice one, I think Iā€™ll be able to make it this time

Weā€™re on curfew atm so my hours are weird, but if the stars align, or our Zynths are tuned to resonant frequencies, or something else is otherwise on my side, I would absolutely love to be there.

I donā€™t know the protocol or secret password, but if someone whispers in my ear Iā€™ll make sure Iā€™ve figured out whatever is necessary to join, and do my best to make sure it happens.

1 Like