Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

I’m also very interested in the topic, I’ve been digging to see if i could get an lv2 plugin done with rust

1 Like

https://lv2plug.in/book/

That’s today, isn’t it?

1 Like

Today is a day that happens now and then… mostly now.

No wonder I get confused…

When the big hand points straight up to the number 12 it is something o’clock. When the small hand points to the number seven it is seven o’clock.

But it’s already been seven o’clock…

I’m going to be late, overheated axle at Berrylands.

Toad in the hole, clavichords and bald ferbies !!!

There was some scepticism as to whether last nights meeting actually occured. I believe we were all there but some may doubt it!

• We are in a real-life, modern-day space race with the USA and China aiming to get to the moon in the next couple of decades. I really hope they create Moonbase Alpha.
  • Our North American correspondant told us that the unbelivable is happening and that the USA may be even worse than it was under the Trump administration!!!
  • A brief foray into how cancel culture is affecting us soon moved on to more positive chat.
  • Apple make good hardware - who would have guessed??? But some feel the Raspberry Pi is all they need for their desktop experience.
  • Holding a key down on your MIDI controller for 6 days makes for slow music.
  • Interplanetary music may be too subtle for some of us.
  • Sceptisim festered with our flat-earth society members murmuring their incantations.
  • @wyleu told us about his desire for a “dead simple head” - I thought he had one :wink:.
  • Nothing is new - even new stuff! Bands sound like other bands but maybe we are better connected and more easily notice it these days.
  • How do you play your Zynthian? With barcodes?
  • Cat organs are not what we are about, even if the great Monty Python thought it funny.
  • Electric vehicles are the future, the present and the past.
  • Roland used to make nice keyboards and sound modules that some of us had and some of us just hankered for… they also made some stuff we might be a bit less proud to admit to owning now!
  • Does ZynSeq (or is that ZynStep?) need a floppy disc drive?
  • MSX were music oriented home computers from the 1980s specified by Microsoft and ASCII Corporation (yes that was a thing!) which were popular across the world but less so in UK (although I played with one) and didn’t really hit the USA.
  • Use of the Yamaha CS-80 on Vangelis’s Blade Runner soundtrack may have inspired a new (nothing is new - see above) synth called Deckard’s Dream Mk2.
  • Our very own @freeKey emerged from the wilds sporting a look of a man who had little more than a volleyball called Wilson to keep him sane over the past few months - he certainly had a screw loose last night!
11 Likes

Ship it!

1 Like

This Monday ? 22nd 19:00 . .

Are we going weekly? Ok

I think he is trying to make up for the ones he missed :grin:.

1 Like

By popular request there is yet another Zynth Club tonight at 19:00 UTC. Usual place, usual suspects. Keyser Söze may even attend!

2 Likes

I’d love to attend, but I’m afraid I have to spend the night debugging something…
The engineer inside me cries “not again”, while the masochist on the other side just says “yes please”…

I was a pleasant evening attended with a prodominantly British quorate with representation from the USA (which I still feel is part of the empire :wink: ). In no particular order and without any particular order we discussed:

• Canals and their soothing effect on the soul
  • Unconsiderate parking, bananas and exhaust pipes
  • African male choirs
  • Brian Eno’s impact on a wide range of muscians
  • Aesop’s Fables
  • USB latency used to be suspect but is probably fine on a RPi4
  • Zyncoder source code - here be dragons!
  • How a spaceman makes noise
  • Do coders add more insults if forced to go back and document their code?
  • Python is in everything. I think I heard of a synth with it in.
  • Multi-cloud is today’s buzzword (sounds like an episode of Sesame Street)
  • Companies do the Okey-Cokey with services - outsource, insource, shake them all about
  • Why do AWS think I owe them 69p?
  • NowTV (UK streaming service run by Fox Corp) won’t run unless it has contact with its advertising agency
  • Jamulus can be good and can be a pita
  • Is Jamkazam’s business model fair? - do they have a sufficiently valuable service yet?
  • What technologies and businesses will drive advances in Internet connectivity that live audio may benefit from?
  • Elon Musk is a bit odd
  • Coke heads at work are no fun for the rest of us
  • What is news? What is the BBC? Where has all the trust gone?
  • Do people cherrry-pick what they want to see / read / believe and position themseleves in echo chambers which reinforces existing opinion rather than informs and challenges? Facebook is not a source of news!!!
  • Canals - again!
  • @wyleu is moving - he shouldn’t have posted pictures of his house on the web for stalkers to find him - will the new castle have dungeons and battlements?
  • Behringer audio interfaces and mixers are very affordable and can be pretty good
  • Apple dropped the headphone jack and before that only provided USB on the iMac (this is not news - just reminiscence)
  • A myriad of uses were described of using an iPad with Zynthian
  • Viaducts are great! Especially ones with canals running over them
  • There are programs on TV about men on canals
  • Can we shine things onto buildings

We attempted a jamming session using Jamulus which was mostly a technical solution session. We did had four participants. I wrote some details in this thread but in summary we did get Zynthian directly connected to Jamulus but the whole experience (even using the desktop client) was painful and wouldn’t be much fun in a rehearsal session.

3 Likes

Monday evenning is definetly the worst moment in the week for me. Heavy days at work each mondays and tuesdays + kid at home monday evenning…

I’m funs of canalboating .-)

The reference came up relating to a viaduct but I thought I would tie it back in with a theme… I did see footage of someone travelling in a dingy across a bridge in New South Wales due to extreme flooding.