Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Sax foreplay

3 Likes

:heart:Letā€™s talk about sax, baby, :heart:

:crazy_face::+1:

Universal Zynthian Time :rofl: Thanks for the write up, sorry I couldnā€™t make it.

@riban, your succinctness and accuracy, yet chock full of wit, of meeting notes is truly astounding! Well done. A perfect example of a written :face_with_monocle:!

1 Like

Shall we do it again? How about Monday 7th December 2020, 19:00 UZT?

1 Like

@MrBroccoli Itā€™s Mon 7th.

Cheersā€¦ Okā€¦ Monday 7th sounds goodā€¦

Corral the ravens, re-stock the dungeon hand-sanitisers and warm up the countdown!

Hand-sanitizers are stocked with rook soup until proper refills are available. The countdown has been set and running for several days. https://ronfsum.wixsite.com/zynthclub

2 Likes

Soups Up!!

Timey whimey . . . . :smiley:

A rather eclectic and a touch worrisome night at the clubhouse.

• Swings, bicycles, roller skates and combine harvesters led to a full rendition of the JCB song and echos of Steeleye Span.
  • Network audio was discussed particularly the concern for failure modes. Can we get to a Zynthernet?
  • Would such a network provide the last bastion of civilised communication after the apocalypse when even ravens were out of service?
  • Looking forward to the Zynthian Christmas album.
  • Someone returned from looking for oil in the North Sea - I donā€™t think he found it
  • More Christmas plans made for a communal viewing of James Bond movies - probably all watching different movies
  • Preliminary planning for the Zynthian Christmas pantomime (a quintessentially British affair) with the panto villain, Timey Whimey playing the banjo.
  • Vital was revisited with some members notably distracted, installing and playing with it - rather resource hungry so donā€™t hold your breath for a Zynthian version
  • The guts of an Amstrad PPC640 have been removed to make space for a mega Zynthian with Raspberry Pi farm
  • Red Hat reputedly broke hats
  • There was some garbled talk of mod-whiskey but I think it derived from too much imbibing
  • Company tee-shirts were exposed
  • The concept of demonstrations and improved OOBE was discussed. It was proven empirically that a snapshot will load on a Zynthian even if the required engines are not exposed, e.g. disabled in webconf. This is good!
  • 200MB broadband is of limited benefit if you only have 75/100 baud link within your premises
  • Korg Volca can be updated to FM at a small cost
  • Ladies bike doing wheelies on Hitlerā€™s grave seemed to make someone smile
  • A variety of drum pads can be created from bits of old tube, foam, double sided sticky tape, etc.
8 Likes

OMG!! I canā€™t wait to see this ā€¦ really!!

(the tablecloth is a gift from @C0d3man)

9 Likes

You will have to come and visit zynclub to see it :joy::+1:

1 Like

Zynthian Christmas Party next week anyone?

Party game suggestions welcome.

• pin the MCP23017 on the module
  • Zynthian etch-a-sketch nativity
  • phone charger xrun challenge
  • qmidinet-vpn-tunnel-hokey-cokey.
6 Likes

Monday, 7pm ZMT seems reasonable to me. Iā€™ll call Santa and the Elves and let them know.

1 Like

:santa: :christmas_tree:

Ho ho ho. Let there be a most joyous of Zynth Club meetings on Monday as prescribed by our long-standing member @MrBroccoli. Bring good cheer and let us sip from the common cup of wellbeing.

Festive attire is complete optional but if you donā€™t smile you may have rooks set upon you. I believe the dungeons at wyleu towers have been appropriately adorned with baubles and mulled rook soup is being warmed in readiness.

If you need the secret location of Zynthianā€™s grotto then IM me.

1 Like

The countdown is set and the dungeon is prepared.

https://ronfsum.wixsite.com/zynthclub

3 Likes

Some people have too much time on their hands :smile:

It was lovely to see new faces, old faces and very old faces at our 2020 Christmas shindig. Absentees were duly noted and raffle prizes distributed appropriately. Discussion ranged wildly, even touching on Zynthian on occasions. Hear this: we fixed someoneā€™s Zynthian during the party :smile:.

In no particular order and with the usual attention to detail and accuracy, the following may or may not have happened (bear in mind my frequent trips to the bar and loo as well as adopting @wyleuā€™s Internet provider means I missed parts of the conversation):

• Progress reported on step sequencer - moving on with glacial speed
  • Network MIDI can be awkward and inconsistent
  • Open Broadcast Software (OBS) is cool for live / recorded video source handling
  • Why is wifi disabled by default in the Zynthian? I believe this is discussed elsewhere in this forum
  • It would be good to improve the OOBE for non-standard builds. This is not and should not be a priority task for @jofemodo who should continue to provide the best experience for the official hardware but others in the community might want to provide improvements, e.g. detection of hardware, terminal based configuration wizard, mirroring displays to all video outputs, etc.
  • An Ouya Android based games console was dusted off ready to receive its new lease of life with Linux kernel support
  • A new grown-upā€™s printer arrived here which released the venerable Raspberry Pi 1 from its duties as printer server. Dusting off its transparent plastic cover I pondered what to do with itā€¦ The screen filled with Zynthianeers holding aloft their own RPi 1ā€™s asking the same question then, over the horizon rode @Baggypants with his RPi1 running minisynth a bare metal synth that some may remember from a previous club night (reported on 23rd June 2020). We all agreed it sounded naff but were sufficiently intrigued to investigate this and other solutions. Meanwhile Mr Pants spent the rest of the night trying to compile and install an update. (I left before this was successful!)
  • Shared excitement at the concept of a Jamulus plugin (although experience with Jamulus has been pretty poor).
  • Quantum Entanglement may provide the answer to zero latency, remote jamming sessions. If only we could get over the laws of physics.
  • A BBC radio programme called The Infinite Monkey Cage and its spin-off programmes were recommended for those who like science and comedy. These include Cosmic Shambles YouTube channel and their own website with programmes such as Nine Lessons and Carols for socially distanced people#.
  • A Penn and Teller movie, Timā€™s Vermeer was also suggested as fun viewing.
  • PCB fabrication of boards for alles, a many-speaker distributed mesh synthesizer
  • A TSynth was eventually purchased - we look forward to seeing and hearing from this device.
  • Beer, wine and coffee were consumed but the minced pies remained within their secure enclosure, warming by a virtual fireplace.

Wishing all Zynthianeers a very merry Christmas 2020. Enjoy yourselves, stay safe and keep playing.

3 Likes