Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

To those nay-sayers who were dismissing the BBC for lack of interesting content last night, I was just recommended this by a colleague. Sorry - only avaliable to BBC licence fee payers in the UK but is the kind of programming that make me want to pay for the BBC.

1 Like

When they get it right the results are frequently superb. A script is frequently a required characteristicā€¦

Ahem. First shown over 40 years ago.

Anyone up for a mid-week socially distanced chat? Tuesday or Wednesday this week?

1 Like

Rebel! Yes.

Can do, if the pub doesnā€™t find me first.

Any preference between Tuesday or Wednesday?

Iā€™m busy on Wednesday eveningā€¦

Okay, Zynthian Club House will open its doors at the earlier time of 18:30 UTC on Tuesday 13th April 2021. That is half past seven in the evening in the UK.

Nice one, I think Iā€™ll be able to make it this time

Weā€™re on curfew atm so my hours are weird, but if the stars align, or our Zynths are tuned to resonant frequencies, or something else is otherwise on my side, I would absolutely love to be there.

I donā€™t know the protocol or secret password, but if someone whispers in my ear Iā€™ll make sure Iā€™ve figured out whatever is necessary to join, and do my best to make sure it happens.

1 Like

I will DM you the incantation required to gain access.

1 Like

Damn. I have a table booked for a friendā€™s birthday at the pub. Itā€™s been too long.

Great to meet @ronsum and @riban last night! Thanks for having me along.

Learned lots about the Zynthian, and continue to be impressed with the community and their contributions.

Looking forward to next time!

Got distracted turning my TV/RPi into a PDF music stand + GUI Seq24 & SAMBA network share :>

5 Likes

It was an intimate evening as three blokes from three continents chewed the cud and unusually discussed Zynthian (amongst other things).

• Having a Zynthian in your workplace is detrimental to your work
  • Some of us suffer no xruns whilst others get them all the time. We want to understand what is causing such inconsistencies
  • The forum (here) is much fun
  • The community is disparate yet has common interest and gels well (not well jel)
  • Many have eclectic music tastes which engenders an environment that expands all of our horizons
  • Sharing our music allows popular acts from one region to be appreciated by those where the acts made no inroads, e.g. many European bands did not make impression in USA.
  • It is okay for music to be rough around the edges - sometimes a lack in one area accentuates brilliance in another
  • Nick Caveā€™s Red Hand Files are appreciated by many
  • These meetings and the forum are not all about Zynthian - there is more to this community which is good
  • It is mushroom hunting season in north America (and probably many other places in the northern hemisphere)
  • More step sequencer appreciation was shared, e.g. it being a reason to buy the Zynthian (maybe I should finish it!)
  • Vertical gardening can be easy on the knees
  • Social networking is supposed to be social - it often doesnā€™t feel like that

The conversation was so gripping that I took too few notes and hence donā€™t remember what happened. (Also this blooming Windows 10 just reboots and loses my open web browser tabs.)

Appreciation to those who stayed up until 3am to chat. Those who didnā€™t hand in their absence slip - your name is on the list Pike!

9 Likes

Im sorry I missed the meeting ā€¦ thus reducing numbers and continents by 25% :> Perhaps we should do a whip around and post a Zynthian to Antarctica ā€¦

Sorry, stuff happened.

I love Nick Cave :heart_eyes:

@riban , these event summaries of yours are priceless :sweat_smile: Thanks for bothering!

4 Likes