Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

It is / was / will be Monday now! Monday spans almost 48 hours. You might want to give people a clue as to when club might commence.

When wild buffalo sweep down from far mountainsā€¦
When salmon race against rapid riversā€¦
When Crippled Lightning wins the 3:30 at Uttoxeter. . .
When the Tour of Britain 2021 is on the telly box . . .

Ah yes, @wyleu time. Makes perfect sense now!

Have a dreamcatcherā€¦

Is Mondays weekly a thing then or no?

I canā€™t make it this evening, I am committed to do social things with food and friends.

I will push a pea around my plate in a wistful way whilst you play . . . .

or donā€™tā€¦

Ok, well following on from last weekā€™s analogue success, I will try and join. Maybe I will see if I can get analogue ins working as we chat

Sorry, Iā€™ve just been ā€˜remindedā€™ by the rather overly bureaucratic and aggressive staff round here that I am actually committed to be polite and wear a nice shirt for some of our ghastly friends . . . .

It will probably be rook soup . . . .

What a polava!

Just make up your mind!

Mmmmā€¦ pavlova! It is my birthday today so I have been visiting music shops but failed to buy anything - though tempted by some things, they didnā€™t have a Launchpad Mini in stock :frowning_face:. I have to go to work this evening then am having my birthday dinner in my birthday suit so wonā€™t join club.

Iā€™ll be joining next week probably, but canā€™t be there today

Itā€™s Monday and no one has raised the prospect of another gathering of the addled and deranged. I am working this evening then need to grab some food but could join later when I get back to my hotel room. I will check back here for any yays or nays.

I can join but probably a little late also.

Mondays are out for me. Iā€™m at better parties.

is it happening tomorrow or no?

It was @wyleuā€™s suggestion to make these weekly (although he hasnā€™t managed to commit to such a regular cadance). @Baggypants has declined the invite, having an apparently better offer. Shall we plan to have a meeting on a different day (not Monday) and give some notice? Last week there were just two old blokes chatting about vintage synths until the nurse came along and wheeled us off for our cocoa and bed. If there was anything worthwhile to report then it is now lost from our short term memory and may pop up in a few years as we regail our great grandchildren of the adventures we furrowed whilst cementing Anglo-American relationships that will be talked of for years to comeā€¦ or maybe just minutes - time is fleetingā€¦

Thursday is pretty free for me.

Apologies, Iā€™d been scything all day and fell asleep . . . :relieved:

Mr Musk isnā€™t a great fan of regular meetings and perhaps I see the point from his perspective. Iā€™m not particularly reliable to a webex. However I think itā€™s beneficial to have some regularity in this entity even if it is a chat about old synthsā€¦
The context is the onward development of the open source zynth
and a chat at some time now about Stable would be advantageous, so Iā€™ll be there at 8:00 this evening.

Quite when people can gather and what structure or otherwise might appear begins to take on the nature of a quantum like probability field. Thursday I ring bells most of the evening with associated fluid abuse, so late could be funny !!

Course, an LV2 driven Audio interconnect with active presence and audio low latency, defined entirely in a zynthian grammar is but a carefully defined script away ā€¦ :smiley:

So apologies once again.

Right, wellā€¦ In that case, I will be there from 8pm (UK time) as well, and if nobody else turns up we can justā€¦

muppets-muppet

ā€œIt was the worst synth I ever heardā€ kinda thingā€¦

There were a few blokes chatting when I arrived at the club house. They quickly hushed and changed the subject. I am sure they werenā€™t talking about meā€¦ Subsequent discussion included:

• Running Zynthian as a service - ZaaS
  • What an API might look like and what it might offer - everything
  • Fun and games with new toys incluing some work to integrate Novation Launchkey with Zynthian
  • A desire to allow headless Zynths, i.e. completely remotely controlable
  • Looping audio in the sequencer with tempo and bar length adjustment - does not seem possible with current implementation and would take a lot of development to get near to Ableton Liveā€™s clever implementation
  • Could ClockLoop offer this? No it canā€™t.
  • Modern sequencers are too complex - where are the knob-per-note analogue sequencers of yesterday? (@MrBroccoli later demonstrated the Arturia BeatStep which can do exactly that!)
  • Zynthian needs a mixer (if only someone had already built oneā€¦)
  • Mod-UI can crash due to poor LV2 plugins but is it brings some bling to Zynthian (though little extra functionality)
  • Wives got involved in the discussion on synchonising beats, prefering to sink rather than use the dishwasher
  • Some Pure Data drummer patches were discussed
  • Some went to bed whist others tried to get audio looping in the sequencer - the former had more success.
2 Likes