Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Interestingly enough it wasn’t bagpipes… great vid on his people and sound design.

1 Like

When shall, we three meet again…?
(Other numbers, are available…)

I’m free most days.

Can’t me Monday, I’m being community minded elsewhere.

Ok, well trying to avoid the obvious line, I look forward to meeting with you on the second day of next week at 19:00 ZMT. May 17th.

1 Like

Having returned from a trip to the other side of the world I attended a Zynth club in the evening rather than silly o’clock in the morning. Despite this, notes were not taken and we only have the unreliable testament from our collective memories. Given the age of that coalition you may forgive some errors and omissions.

• The instigator of the week’s event was conspicuous in his absence - we hope B-Rock is fit and well
  • The evening started, quite unusually very much on the topic of Zynthian with a demonstration of the new audio player (thanks to @wyleu for extensive testing and his demonstration) - there were oohs and even the occasional ahh!
  • TubeOhm - Jeannie (Polyphonic Synth) as mentioned in the forum was briefly discussed. It isn’t very obvious from the website but it is open-source and looks and sounds interesting. It is similar, at least in ethos to the Zynthian with similar fair-priced, kit-based approach.
  • Alternative controllers / keyboards / guitar-like controllers were discussed for their merits, oddities and difference from traditional keyboard design. The Hydrasynth was mentioned because of its grid of buttons but that isn’t unique, as was the Arturia MICROFREAK for its touch sensitive keyboard.
  • Faderfox got another mention - it may not be perfect but is another way to control stuff
  • Touchscreens don’t make good interfaces for live performance due to the lack of finger registration - you need to keep you eye on the screen
  • Modular synths are fun to play with, even if just a prop at a talent contest
    r/modular - Eurovision Song Contest - Modular Setup Czech Republic
  • Our previously mentioned compatriot’s trip across Scotland on an e-bike pails by comparison to the adventures of two architects in Australia - it is sometimes better to read about things than to do them!

Why thank you, and when do we get our Rock from Down under?

The locals seem quite attached to Uluru and it would tip me over the baggage allowance anyway!

I’m sure it would look very nice next to the Elgin Marbles…

1 Like

My dog ate my .ics file.

1 Like

I had no idea that cheech and Chong were Aussies! Amazing!

Anyone around?

Right now?

I think generally people seem to prefer a little notice so they can change into the official uniform.

That’s why I was confused by the question.

Are we to guess when you mean?

do you know how long it takes to put on the 10 PR requests or more galoshes and ceremonial waistcoat…?
…and that’s before we mention the headgear…

That involves tin-foil so that we can’t guess what he is thinking!

Any day this week is good for me.

This evening probably works best for me.

1 Like