Zynth club. .. There's just one rule in Zynth club

Not sure about the UK but this Friday is the 14th in AU …

It’s a timey-wimey thing! Friday - it’s Friday!

For the avoidance of doubt, the next Zynthian Club meeting will be at 19:00 UTC today*, Friday 14th October 2022.

• Today is today here. YMMV.

Jitsi seems to be unavailable at the moment 18:00 GMT

It seems to be working now.

Not for me… Two machines both showing connection error … The internet connection is pretty good…

I’m on with a Pi4 but I’ve not managed video this way before, my Ubuntu laptop is just lain misbehaving on network connection

Living for the weekend

Light weight…!

Pissed wyleu’s are always a bit doom laden…and have wierd dreams about committing Bank robberies that go wrong…

Three continents collided on Friday (or Saturday for some) and a handful of ageing blokes exchanged inconsequential mutterings that may have included one or more of the following topics:

• Beer was sipped by some present and some absent
  • We visited a beach in the south east of USA
  • Club rules were breached with a foray into politics (admonishments will be applied)
  • Roland like their encoders
  • Radiators can be smart but are a dumb choice of heat source
  • Nanobox from 1010music may have missed a trick by not making their firmware interchangeable or multi-timbral (like what Zynthian is) - but that may be a marketing ploy to sell more hardware units (which aren’t cheap). They look nice though!
  • This week’s favourite Zynthian engine (as chosen by a panel of one) is Calf Monosynth which sounds great and has sufficient quantity of controls to be able to sound design without being too complex but does have some bugs
  • Zynthian Staging was discussed - let’s test it guys!
  • There was clackety sounds of frantic typing from the southern hemisphere - who knows - maybe someone was taking notes??? I certainly wasn’t (as evidenced by this rather brief and probably inaccurate account of the evening)!

A bell tolls…

Dolefully…

The wind blows an old faded,yellowing poster across the battlements, before it flops into a puddle, face down…

A raven croaks…

Three other ravens, nip out, pick up the body and chuck it over the battlements…

The bell rings once again…

The ravens appear to brush their wings like tired workmen finishing a ditch, and instantly fall to arguing over the wallet…

The bell tolls again, but does that wierd pitch shift thing from Xanadu… The Rush version not Olivia Neuton Bomb…

A slow group of cowled monks leading a hunched chained figure, slowly and rhythmically proceed, from the tower door, towards a plank, lazily tied to the battlements. The huddled soul dressed in rags, lurches along to rhythm of the slow chant, and as he is pulled across the ground madly grabs at the sodden poster, he frantically pulls it up, to see announced.

Flinging…
11:45 at Tower battlements.
Talking politics on a club night…

The Bell tolls again…

He briefly looks to the distant grey clouds and reads the text in smaller print. . .

Creche available. No riff raff.
Wyleu towers are in no way responsible for any death, maiming or other bodily disfigurement brought about by any actions, mis flingings, or bad aim that may occur during this event.

p.p.s Pets accepted for training purposes. Unfortunately we will not be returning them, cos… well…
To be honest it wouldn’t be very easy…

p.p.p.s A post in the poster writing department has recently become available…

The bell tolls again, and a raven croaks, and counts his coins again…

If these are some lyrics, I wonder where the chord grid is . :rofl:

1 Like

Rook soup anybody…?

What now?

It’s just another way of saying when…
Humour me, reality is hard…

Oh. Can do Monday or Wednesday.

Monday?